Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Approved $30K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Approved $30K

First, 

A massive thanks to everyone on the forum for info, i learned a lot through others questions and shared experiences.

I just wanted to share my process, I wasn't able to find anything definititive on high credit limit approvals so i thought i would share for those that are interested.

I was instantly approved (online) for a limit of $30,000.  The only other lines of credit i have open are 1. BofA card w/ $50K limit and 2. $925K mortgage.

I was worried i couldnt get a big limit as a starting point with another card provider. I'm looking to dump some big purchases on a card but will probably end up making it my main card and then picking up a few AA cards to get status.

For background (since that seems to be important on the forums): excellent credit, top income bracket range, never had a late payment, only recently did i stop paying balances off in full each month when i leveraged the BofA Cash Rewards 0% for 12m feature.

Can be fantastic tools to help free up cashflow when you have line of sight to incoming cash in the months ahead, enabling you to make purchases now instead of wait.

Hope this helps others looking at similar opportunities.

https://imgur.com/a/SstUuZD (pic of apprival, sorry i dont know the forum code to put in an image on this site)

Cheers

edit: added pic

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Approved $30K

Congrats on approval and huge SL!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, 

A massive thanks to everyone on the forum for info, i learned a lot through others questions and shared experiences.

I just wanted to share my process, I wasn't able to find anything definititive on high credit limit approvals so i thought i would share for those that are interested.

I was instantly approved (online) for a limit of $30,000.  The only other lines of credit i have open are 1. BofA card w/ $50K limit and 2. $925K mortgage.

I was worried i couldnt get a big limit as a starting point with another card provider. I'm looking to dump some big purchases on a card but will probably end up making it my main card and then picking up a few AA cards to get status.

For background (since that seems to be important on the forums): excellent credit, top income bracket range, never had a late payment, only recently did i stop paying balances off in full each month when i leveraged the BofA Cash Rewards 0% for 12m feature.

Can be fantastic tools to help free up cashflow when you have line of sight to incoming cash in the months ahead, enabling you to make purchases now instead of wait.

Hope this helps others looking at similar opportunities.

Cheers

Super Congrats on your Cap One Quicksilver $30,000 SL! Smiley Very Happy

This is one of the highest starting limits that I've seen.

Given your high income bracket, excellent payment history,

and the existence of a 50k limit with BoA I'm sure all of these

factors worked to your benefit. Very well done indeed!!! Smiley Very Happy

Quick questions: Which file(s) did Cap One pull,

what was your approving FICO score, and how old

are your other two accounts? Congrats once again

on your success. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice limit..  Easy redemptions and a very usable limit for you, should be a good fit for you and you low card count.  Congrats

Message 5 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the massive SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the huge SL!

Question - why did you go with the QS? There are many other cards that have similar if not better rewards. Just wondering.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 13
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and monster SL !!!!

Message 9 of 13
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Amazing SL worthy of the unicorn. Cat Happy

runninguni.gif

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.