Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver - STORY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver - STORY

Hi everyone, 

I am new to the forums but I thought that I should talk about my approval for the Quicksilver which I've had for a few months now.

After having my own credit card (BoA BBR - SL $2500, hardpulled CLI to $3500) for about half a year, I decided to look around for a new credit card and was stuck between the Quicksilver and Citi DC. I saw a post saying that I would have to spend over $20,000 for the rewards from DC to overcome the QS so I thought that I would apply for the QS and then go for the DC at a later time. Also, I read many forums saying that Capital One had much better customer service.

I went to a branch to apply and was met with a very nice lady who asked what my credit score was. I told her I had excellent credit and wanted to apply for the Quicksilver. She tried to sell me into applying for the Venture instead a few times and said that it was better than the QS. At the time, travel reward cards (especially the Venture) made no sense to me and I was really only looking for cash back cards. 

So I started the application on this associate's iPad and filled out all my information including an annual salary of $15,000 (college intern). I was near the end of the application right before the application submittal button and clicked on the details button, which had all the fine print. I am guessing that not many people click on that button, because the application crashed and I had to call Capital One to see if the application actually went through. My call was met with a very friendly customer service representative who checked under my SSN to asssure me that there was no application. 

So after going through the whole application process again, I was happy to have learned that I was approved for a $10,000 SL!!

Also, when I received the card I saw that the MC logo looked much fancier than the MC logo on my BBR. After some research, I learned that it was WEMC which was supposed to be hard to get.

I just thought it was worth sharing my experience and how surprised I was with the starting limit for the income I put. 

Anyone else have similar stories with Capital One?

TLDR; $10k SL for $15k income.

9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - STORY

Thats a great story! Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, Qu! That is a great SL! Smiley Happy

I really like my QS, and I just got the Venture as well.

Message 3 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw a post saying that I would have to spend over $20,000 for the rewards from DC to overcome the QS so I thought that I would apply for the QS and then go for the DC at a later time. Also, I read many forums saying that Capital One had much better customer service.

Congrats on your approval, but this was not accurate information. Neither card has an annual fee, so 2% cashback beats 1.5% cashback all day. 

You definitely got a bigger limit with the QS than you would have with the DoubleCash. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I should explain that part

At the time, the signup bonus was $100 from $500 spend for QS so the 0.5% difference in cash back between QS and DC was $20,000 spend in order for the DC cashback to break even with the cashback from the QS signup bonus. Hope that makes sense

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spend $500 on QS for the bonus then switch back to your 2% card for anything else.
Message 6 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Very nice story and congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the SL! Use it wisely.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 8 of 10
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Wow 10,000! Thats NUTS! ☺

CONGRATULATIONS 

Message 9 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats that's a super nice starting limit! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.