Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor - $30K Approval

tag
CleanCredit
Contributor

Capital One Savor - $30K Approval

Hi guys!  I decided to apply for the Capital One Savor to take advantage of the SUB and start a relationship with Capital One.  I know that the Venture is offering 75K miles, but I didn't see myself spending $5K in 3 months - so I settled with the Savor.  Plus, I eat out a lot - so the 4% on dining will be nice.

With that said,  I was hoping to use the card next week for some big purchases around Black Friday but its not expected to be here until November 29th!  I called them and they won't expedite and it also doesn't have the digital card number that I've heard some people talk about.

Oh well,  I'll just have to wait I suppose.  I'm looking forward to using the card and glad I was able to get such a high starting limit.  That is the highest limit I have, with the second largest being $18K.  Happy holidays!

Edit: For those of you who asked, here are my stats:

- FICO scores around 795-799 according to my Chase Slate FICO score, but I haven't done a true credit report in a while

- 1 CC Inquiry in Dec. 2017, 1 Personal Loan Inquiry in Apr. 2017

- 1 New CC account in last two years, 2 new personal loans in last two years

- $75K reported income

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor - $30K Approval

Congrats, nice SL as well!

Message 2 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a very nice approval.. Care to share any stats such as scores along with how many new accounts opened in the last few years and stuff like that?  Thank and enjoy the card!

Message 3 of 18
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@CleanCredit wrote:

Hi guys!  I decided to apply for the Capital One Savor to take advantage of the SUB and start a relationship with Capital One.  I know that the Venture is offering 75K miles, but I didn't see myself spending $5K in 3 months - so I settled with the Savor.  Plus, I eat out a lot - so the 4% on dining will be nice.

With that said,  I was hoping to use the card next week for some big purchases around Black Friday but its not expected to be here until November 29th!  I called them and they won't expedite and it also doesn't have the digital card number that I've heard some people talk about.

Oh well,  I'll just have to wait I suppose.  I'm looking forward to using the card and glad I was able to get such a high starting limit.  That is the highest limit I have, with the second largest being $18K.  Happy holidays!

Congrats! That's a very nice approval.

Would you mind providing some extra DPs? Cap One is getting tougher lately, and I'm sure people would like to know some additional stats.

Number of inquiries, new accounts, scores, and anything else you're comfortable sharing. Thanks!

ETA: Looks like I got beat by a few seconds by CC.

Message 4 of 18
CleanCredit
Contributor

Thanks all, updated original post with some stats.  If there is anything I am missing, let me know!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 6 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval! You certainly have far fewer inqs/new accounts than most of us, so this was easier for you to obtain!

Message 7 of 18
CleanCredit
Contributor

Thanks all! I’m looking forward to it. Fingers crossed it shows up before next weekend!
Message 8 of 18
CleanCredit
Contributor

I got the “shipped” email today. Hopefully it’s here early next week!
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome SL! Congrats
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.