Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor One and Chase FU Approval and Delivery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Savor One and Chase FU Approval and Delivery

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the community, but as I started getting serious about my credit, I scowered the internet searching for experiences similar to mine and found nothing. So I hope that this helps anyone who may be in my position!

When I was 18 years old, I opened a Discover Chrome cc in February 2017 after starting my first job and having virtually no credit. I believe I was an au for my family's Target cc, but it was never paid in full so I believe my cs wasn't ideal. I think I had a sl of about $300, and after 6 months in Aug 2017 it auto increased to $750. Then after another 9 months in May 2018 it auto increased to $1950. I haven't had any increases since, because I stupidly took advantage of the credit and my cu was at least above 50%, and was close to 90%, if not 100% up until the end of June 2019. I made my minimum monthly payments, but because of my cu, my score remained in the very low 600's for that year. Around the end of June, I reduced my cu to just below 30%, increasing my scores to EX 728 EQ 680 TU 671 from what I knew to be 608 from the Discover Fico Score card.

After paying a big chunk of my cc off, I began researching about credit and I realized I needed to take it more seriously. Determined to improve my credit, I impulsively applied for Capital One Savor One and was instantly approved for a sl of $1000! Not the highest, but I was excited considering my credit history.

I had my eye on the Chase FU, but was too scared to apply in fear of being rejected. But after waking up from a nap, (maybe I dreamed about it), I AGAIN impulsively applied for FU, and was instantly approved for a sl of $1800!

I applied for both of these on the same day 07/15/19, CO around 11:25 AM and Chase around 7:40 PM. After reading through some forums, I read that it could take up to two weeks to receive the card, but I also learned that I could expedite the Chase card. I called Chase customer service on 07/16/19 around 9 PM and was granted expedited shipping. I received an email today 07/17/19 from UPS around 5 PM that the card would be delivered tomorrow 07/18/19. I live about 20 miles south of LA and the shipment is coming from Ohio! My CO card is expected to come around 7/29/19.

I anxiously looked all over forums trying to figure out my approval odds, and when the cards would come, and I hope this helps anyone out!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor One and Chase FU Approval and Delivery

Hello, and welcome to the forums!!

Much congrats to you on your approvals!! Thanks for also posting some DP'sSmiley Happy Enjoy your new cards!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals! 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new cards and taking some steps to be more responsible with credit!

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.