AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One SavorOne approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 11 of 19
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your cap one savorone approval. You may want to apply for the Wells Fargo Propel card it may be going away soone they most likly keep it for customers who allready have it. I do like the card.

Message 12 of 19
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 13 of 19
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

I hadn't been paying attention too closely to credit card news the last few weeks; I wish I had seen the Wells Fargo Propel rumor prior to applying for the Capital One SavorOne because I might have flipped the order of the applications.

Having said the above, I'd be surprised if Wells Fargo axes the Propel Amex (or if the rumors are to be believed, also the Cash Wise Visa) entirely; the card has been featured on the Wells Fargo website for quite a while and they play up the fact it has received awards as a top credit card.  I think it is more likely they pull the current card and replace it with a card that offers somewhat different benefits or possibly utilizes a different transaction network (i.e. switching from American Express to Visa or Mastercard).

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

I continue to build my credit card rewards lineup - I just applied for and was automatically approved for a Capital One SavorOne credit card.  Capital One also provided me a credit limit that met what I wanted.  More details:

Card: Capital One SavorOne (regular version for people with excellent credit)

Credit Limit: $10,000

APR: 0% for first 15 months, 15.49% after that (haven't carried a credit card balance for probably at least 15 years, so that value isn't important)

This card has been on my radar since last summer, mainly due to the 3% cash back on entertainment spending.  I attend many pro sports events and music concerts during normal times, and with the COVID-19 vaccines on the verge of being widely available and the end of the COVID restrictions probably being in sight, I figured it was a good time to apply for the card.  (Additionally, as a Discover It Cash Back and Chase Freedom Flex card holder, Q2 2020 is a good time to apply for the CapOne SavorOne as neither of those quarterly rotating 5% category cards have restaurants or entertainment as a 5% bonus category in the soon to begin quarter.)

The Capital One SavorOne will be my first-ever Capital One credit card.  It is also my first new card since I was approved for the Chase Freedom Flex on 11/9/20.

My next card targets are probably the Wells Fargo Propel and US Bank Cash+.  Right now my plan is to apply for the Wells Fargo Propel in late September/early October 2020 and the US Bank Cash+ in April 2021 after I've had the Capital One SavorOne for 12 months.

Congratulations! What are your scores, please? I imagine in the upper 700's and 800 arena. 🤩🤩🙏🏻

Message 15 of 19
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎊🍾👍

Message 16 of 19
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 17 of 19
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

The scores I see when I check my credit rating information when looking at my credit card accounts online are generally in the 805 to 830 range.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 18 of 19
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.