Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Approved FINALLY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured Approved FINALLY

Finally after multiple denials, I’m back in with Cap1. App’d back in February and was denied. I have a previous Cap1 charge off (with PRA) from 2012 that I paid but the payment hasn’t reflected yet on my my CR. So I’ve been checking the pre approvals every week for quite some time, nothing ever. Since my scores aren’t quite where I need them to be for the cards I want the most, and I definitely don’t want any subprime cards, I felt like I needed to get in with Cap1. So, I decided to just email the EO and ask them if I’m blacklisted. Got a call from a nice guy there named Jim and he looked over everything and told me that he saw a denier app from Feb 19th and that I should apply after Aug 19th because of the 1/6 rule. I tried to wait because the date is literally around the corner but I just felt like I kept getting denied because of the computer seeing that old account. Instead I called customer service last week and they offered to recon for a manual review. Told me it could take up to 3 weeks and it could result in another HP, I was fine with that since 2 just fell off anyway. Today I received notification that Cap1 pulled my report so I called the app status line and the rep congratulated me. Advise of a $49 deposit required to get the card. I paid it right over the phone. Even though it’s only secured, it gets me back in with a decent company and completes my 3 card rebuilder starter kit.

Now I have the Cap1, Discover, and Citi. Think I’ll garden those for about 18 months and then go for the AMEX I want.

For DP’s

Starting FICO scores in January 2018

EX - 546
EQ - 520
TU - 535

Current scores in August 2018

EX - 637
EQ - 604
TU - 634
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured Approved FINALLY

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally after multiple denials, I’m back in with Cap1. App’d back in February and was denied. I have a previous Cap1 charge off (with PRA) from 2012 that I paid but the payment hasn’t reflected yet on my my CR. So I’ve been checking the pre approvals every week for quite some time, nothing ever. Since my scores aren’t quite where I need them to be for the cards I want the most, and I definitely don’t want any subprime cards, I felt like I needed to get in with Cap1. So, I decided to just email the EO and ask them if I’m blacklisted. Got a call from a nice guy there named Jim and he looked over everything and told me that he saw a denier app from Feb 19th and that I should apply after Aug 19th because of the 1/6 rule. I tried to wait because the date is literally around the corner but I just felt like I kept getting denied because of the computer seeing that old account. Instead I called customer service last week and they offered to recon for a manual review. Told me it could take up to 3 weeks and it could result in another HP, I was fine with that since 2 just fell off anyway. Today I received notification that Cap1 pulled my report so I called the app status line and the rep congratulated me. Advise of a $49 deposit required to get the card. I paid it right over the phone. Even though it’s only secured, it gets me back in with a decent company and completes my 3 card rebuilder starter kit.

Now I have the Cap1, Discover, and Citi. Think I’ll garden those for about 18 months and then go for the AMEX I want.

For DP’s

EX - 546
EQ - 520
TU - 535

EX - 637
EQ - 604
TU - 634

Welcome to the Capital One Secured MasterCard Club! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval !!!

This LITERALLY never gets old!!! :-)

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got that right!! I love it lol.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Capital One! In 18 months, you will have a nice selection of cards to pick from. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For DP’s

EX - 546
EQ - 520
TU - 535

EX - 637
EQ - 604
TU - 634

Super Congrats on your Cap One Secured Card approval! Smiley Very Happy

The great thing about rebuilding credit is that you get to pick

and choose the "bricks" that lay your foundation. Cap One, Disco

and Citi are all premium lenders that will serve you well in the

future provided you care and feed their cards well. Good for you! Smiley Very Happy

BTW, I noticed that your EX score is 637. Once it hits 680 or higher

you can definitely begin to seriously consider Amex cards. They offer

a "2 for 1" which is one 1 revolving card and 1 charge card on the same

hard pull within 30 days. What you're doing is right on track, so just take

your time and choose wisely. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats once again on your success. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s very interesting, I’ll definitely start looking more into the Amex 2 for 1 once I leave the garden. Thanks for the info and well wishes!!
Message 9 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Capital One can be very generous and very forgiving.

I burned them years ago and now they treat me like a king.

Keep checking prequals for better cards from them.

My first card after burn was $3,500 plat.

My last card 4 years later was $30,000 venture!

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.