Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured CLI!!

tag
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Capital One Secured CLI!!

Just logged in to my Cap One secured account to make a payment and saw that my credit line is now $550, up $300 from the inital $250 I deposited back in Sept!! I'm really quite happy, as I requested a CLI a week ago and was denied with the reason being they don't do CLI's for secured cards. LOL.

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured CLI!!

Congrats on your Cap1 CLI. They do give CLIs on secured cards. Back when I had a secured Cap1 secured card, I got an auto CLI - but closed the card since I didn't need it anymore.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 2 of 31
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 3 of 31
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 31
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Method2Madness wrote:

Just logged in to my Cap One secured account to make a payment and saw that my credit line is now $550, up $300 from the inital $250 I deposited back in Sept!! I'm really quite happy, as I requested a CLI a week ago and was denied with the reason being they don't do CLI's for secured cards. LOL.

Congrats. My two cents is this. If Cap one Was confident enough to give you a CLI on a secured card, it means your credit profile is really rising. Maybe check the pre qualified sites to see how they see you also. Good Luck

Message 5 of 31
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!  Good luck on your continued building path.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Method2Madness wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!  It's true that Cap One doesn't allow customers to request a CLI on a secured product but they do the automatic CLI if you've been treating the card well, which obviously you have.  Awesome Smiley Happy  Now if you don't have one, you may want to start slowly looking into getting an unsecured product with Cap One instead. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 31
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

How long did you have your card before they did the increase?

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 8 of 31
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

5 months.

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 9 of 31
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

congrats!! i have the same card and also the unsecured QS1 that im hoping to grow....we are making big steps a day at a time. Enjoy!! 

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.