Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Success Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Success Story

Hello MyFico community, I have some awesome news regarding my Credit Steps graduation/CLI.

In August 2019 I applied and was approved for my first Capital One card... a Capital One Platinum.

My SL was $300. The card was enrolled in the Credit Steps program with the promise of raising my CL to $500 if I made my first 5 minimum payments on time.

Three months later I requested a CLI. I was approved for $100. One month later I used the PC link and upgraded to a no annual fee QuickSilver.

My last Credit Steps payment was made in December 2019. I recieved my final green check mark and was told that they are processing my new $500 CL.

Today I logged into my account via Cap One's mobile app and was pleasantly surprised. My new credit limit is.... wait for it.... $3,300!

That's right, 3,300!

Who says Capital One cards are bucketed? LOL

How I used the card/data points:

Starting scores,
EX: NA
TU: NA
EQ: NA
Current scores,
EX: 721
TU: 732
EQ: 726

I charged roughly 300 to 600 dollars on the card per month. Made on average 3 to 6 payments per month. 3 being the absolute minimum. I also made well over 20 transactions per billing cycle.

I never carried a balance which means I have not paid a single cent in interest. My utilization rate was kept below 2 percent at time of reporting.

Thank You Capital One!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Success Story

Nice Increase!! Big congratulations - enjoy your newfound spending power but, of course, continue to keep it under control... this is just the beginning. I'm sure it'll be nice not needing to pay 6x per month 😜
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, nice CLI.

Message 3 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, a big congrats to that nice limit Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats! This is in line with what I've been telling people. At least 3 months of heavy use, cycling the card multiple times and you'll get an increase. That one was a whopper.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the huge increase. Keep using the card, aim to shrink the number of payments to once per month, never pay late, pay in full and as the years go by, you'll also get a monster score.

That will open up a lot of spending flexibility and other benefits, such as purchase planning, rewards, discounts, etc.

Message 6 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm following the same steps with my Savor One, which is the average credit version and is at $500

Message 8 of 18
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Nice job, Congrats!
Message 9 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.