Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Success!!!

tag
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Capital One Success!!!

Hello MyFico family! I know it's been a minute since my last post or response but business has been keeping me pretty busy (a great thing). Anyway, to make a long story short I just thought I'd share with you some good news about me being approved for a Capital One Spark Classic Business Credit Card!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Seeing as though a year and a half ago I couldn't get approved for a prepaid card (joke), to reach the point where over the last couple of months I've had an overwhelming amount pre-approval letters is to say the least...  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Also I'd like to mention that with the help of this forum, some patience, and a few dollars, I've managed to take my score from down in the dumps to a 728 and 748!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy So with that I'd like to say thanks to everyone who's ever given me an encouraging word or a piece of advice that has help me get here. It's greatly appreciated and I hope that I can be just as big a help to someone else as everyone has been to me. Thank you, thank you thank you!!! 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Success!!!

That's great, Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 10
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Thanks Epcot, I appreciate it.

Message 3 of 10
postalmommy
Established Member

Way to go, your progress is really impressive. How did you raise your score so quickly?

Gardening until November 2013
TU 635 (myfico) Sept 2012; 642 (myfico) July 2013
EX 655 (FAKO) Nov 2012;
EQ 548 (FAKO) Nov 2012; 603 (myfico) July 2013
Goal 750 for ALL
Message 4 of 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

WTG!!! congrats

Message 5 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Much CongratsSmiley Surprised

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 10
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@postalmommy The main thing I focused on was getting all of my baddies completely deleted, then I basically used the couple of credit cards I did have for ALL of my spending and PIF before the month was out basically showing card usage, but keeping the utilization between zero and five percent. Also, I was lucky enough to be an authorized user on a few cards with limits that total about 20k. But if I had to pin point anything, I'd say aggressive use of my cards then PIF and getting my baddies completely erased from my reports did it. 

Message 7 of 10
postalmommy
Established Member

So you did some PFD and GW letters?

Gardening until November 2013
TU 635 (myfico) Sept 2012; 642 (myfico) July 2013
EX 655 (FAKO) Nov 2012;
EQ 548 (FAKO) Nov 2012; 603 (myfico) July 2013
Goal 750 for ALL
Message 8 of 10
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@beb86 @JusdoNit Thanks guy, I couldn't have don't it without you. 

Message 9 of 10
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@postalmommy Just PFD's. Fortunately for me I didn't have any trouble negotiotiating a deletion once we came to an agreement. I have a couple of older baddies that i'd previously paid but were just reporting still that I thought would be difficult to remove, but it ended up working out. The hardest part for me was having the patience to deal with the looong phone call waits but in the end it was worth it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.