Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One UPGRADE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One UPGRADE!

Guys!!!

It's been 7 months since I received a CLI on my quicksilver ONE card.

In July I applied for a CLI on my other Quicksilver card (which is not QSOne) that had a 5200 limit.  They gave me only 300, and I was surprised by that.  However, I had taken advantage of delaying a car payment due to COVID, because spouse's income was cut in half temporarily.  I think that factored into the decision.

So the 6 months passed for my second QS card (which is ONE), Limit was 1850.  I got the response that they would send mail.  I was stunned because my score is over 700 and my usage is only 6%.  Maybe they're still punishing me for the car payment?  I forlornly tried the Cap1 upgrade link.  I have been trying this link since January with no luck.  To my surprise it offered to replace my ONE with a Venture card!  I didn't like having the ONE card in the first place, me being all high-falutin' and all now with my improved scores, so I went for it.

They gave me a 5800 credit limit!

Makes my day.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One UPGRADE!

Whooo Hooooo!!! Nice work!! I'm guessing the auto loan didn't matter. Good for you! An awesome start to the weekend. Enjoy your new card! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Wait, so when you upgraded the card they gave you a CLI at the same time?

Message 3 of 22
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting some Cap1 love.   

Message 4 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!

So the 6 months passed for my second QS card (which is ONE), Limit was 1850.  I got the response that they would send mail.  I was stunned because my score is over 700 and my usage is only 6%.  Maybe they're still punishing me for the car payment?  I forlornly tried the Cap1 upgrade link.  I have been trying this link since January with no luck.  To my surprise it offered to replace my ONE with a Venture card!  I didn't like having the ONE card in the first place, me being all high-falutin' and all now with my improved scores, so I went for it.

They gave me a 5800 credit limit!

Makes my day.

So you got an upgrade and they raised the limit at the same time? Their policy has always been one or the other every 6 months, would be a change if you got both at the same time.

Message 5 of 22
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 6 of 22
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the very nice increase!

Message 7 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your product upgrade!
Message 8 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One upgrade!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I am getting ready to dump cap1 .... 26 months with their secured card with several phone calls and I couldnt get them to graduate it and my QS1 has been stuck at 500 for almost a year now with every CLI request denied! Yesterday alone I cold app'd 7 cards and got approved for 5 of them with an overall SCL of 39k. They have really become rediculous!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.