Capital One UPGRADE!

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One UPGRADE!

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!

So the 6 months passed for my second QS card (which is ONE), Limit was 1850.  I got the response that they would send mail.  I was stunned because my score is over 700 and my usage is only 6%.  Maybe they're still punishing me for the car payment?  I forlornly tried the Cap1 upgrade link.  I have been trying this link since January with no luck.  To my surprise it offered to replace my ONE with a Venture card!  I didn't like having the ONE card in the first place, me being all high-falutin' and all now with my improved scores, so I went for it.

They gave me a 5800 credit limit!

Makes my day.

So you got an upgrade and they raised the limit at the same time? Their policy has always been one or the other every 6 months, would be a change if you got both at the same time.

Maybe in the past, but I don't think that's the case now. I used the secret upgrade page to PC a Platinum to Quicksilver in March 2020. I tried for CLI before and after that. The denial letters never mentioned the PC as a reason. Finally got a small CLI in May. Kept an eye on the upgrade page for further PC eligibility. One popped up in September, which was 6 months after my last PC, but less than 4 months after my CLI. My CLI requests now are being denied as being too soon after my last CLI. 

It really seems that the rule now is that we have to wait 6 months between PCs, and 6 months between CLIs, but they are on separate timelines and one doesn't affect the other. At least for me. 

Cool two-fer, OP! Thanks for the DP.

Message 11 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and upgrade!

Message 12 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!

So the 6 months passed for my second QS card (which is ONE), Limit was 1850.  I got the response that they would send mail.  I was stunned because my score is over 700 and my usage is only 6%.  Maybe they're still punishing me for the car payment?  I forlornly tried the Cap1 upgrade link.  I have been trying this link since January with no luck.  To my surprise it offered to replace my ONE with a Venture card!  I didn't like having the ONE card in the first place, me being all high-falutin' and all now with my improved scores, so I went for it.

Makes my day.

So you got an upgrade and they raised the limit at the same time? Their policy has always been one or the other every 6 months, would be a change if you got both at the same time.

Maybe in the past, but I don't think that's the case now. I used the secret upgrade page to PC a Platinum to Quicksilver in March 2020. I tried for CLI before and after that. The denial letters never mentioned the PC as a reason. Finally got a small CLI in May. Kept an eye on the upgrade page for further PC eligibility. One popped up in September, which was 6 months after my last PC, but less than 4 months after my CLI. My CLI requests now are being denied as being too soon after my last CLI. 

It really seems that the rule now is that we have to wait 6 months between PCs, and 6 months between CLIs, but they are on separate timelines and one doesn't affect the other. At least for me. 

Interesting, thx for the info.

OP: Congrats on your upgrade and CLI Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 22
rostrow416
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!

It's been 7 months since I received a CLI on my quicksilver ONE card.

In July I applied for a CLI on my other Quicksilver card (which is not QSOne) that had a 5200 limit.  They gave me only 300, and I was surprised by that.  However, I had taken advantage of delaying a car payment due to COVID, because spouse's income was cut in half temporarily.  I think that factored into the decision.

Makes my day.

This actually makes me want to hang on to my QS1 for a little while, just to see if this luck rubs off.

Congrats!

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 14 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Upgrade and a CLI...can't do much better than that!  Congratulations!

Message 15 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!

Makes my day.

Now if they could only bring back card combinations.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 

Message 17 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Cap1 upgrade !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 18 of 22
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 19 of 22
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!

It's been 7 months since I received a CLI on my quicksilver ONE card.

In July I applied for a CLI on my other Quicksilver card (which is not QSOne) that had a 5200 limit.  They gave me only 300, and I was surprised by that.  However, I had taken advantage of delaying a car payment due to COVID, because spouse's income was cut in half temporarily.  I think that factored into the decision.

Makes my day.

Congrats! Care to share that upgrade link? 

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.