Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture 10K Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture 10K Approval

O.k. So, I bit the bullet and applied a couple of days earlier than I thought I would for the Capital One Venture. Instant approval of 10K. But the APR is ridiculous at 23.49% - the same as my Quicksilver. This is 10 to 12 percent higher than my other cards. But, it's not too important because I PIF anyway. 

Data: 

Scores: EQ 705, EX 697, TU 686

Inquiries excluding new app: EQ 3, EX 2, TU 3

AAOA - about 9 years

Oldest account 26 years

BK7 discharged 7/2014

Other cards and CL are in my signature. My plan is to combine the Quicksilver into the Visa Signature when permitted to do so .

Couple of questions: 

1. Has anyone ever applied for a second Cap 1 and had the account show up online and linked to the original account immediately? This has happened to me. And the CSRs say it is weird and should not be happening?

2. I have heard that some are able to combine with the Venture very soon after receiving it and not having to wait six months as long as your other card is 6 months old. Is this true? If so, if I combine now and close the card that is six months old (my oldest revolving account since BK7), will that look bad to creditors like Chase if I wanted to apply laster this year?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture 10K Approval

Cap 1 + AVJ = 0

Cap 1 + ItsPossible = AWESOMENE$$ Smiley Happy

Gonna do it, its my style lol, SUPER congrats ItsPossySmiley Happy ( Lol, just ask Justagirl Smiley Wink )

Im glad you got this, the Apr, though cuku for coco puffs, shouldnt bring ya down since you pif anyway though inknow it can be an eyesore ( my solution, just wear glassesSmiley Happy

Ill bet you and Bella will use this to fly out to our big Disco shindig at the end of the year lol, wow, i dont know why i love to say this( yeah i do, thanks J Gardner & S.L.Jackson Smiley Wink ), WHATS IN YOUR WALLETSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 47
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One Venture card!! Smiley Happy

CSP- Cap One QS MC- Barclays JetBlue MC- BOA Travel Rewards- Barclay Apple Rewards- Synchrony WalMart MC- BP Gas

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new Cap1 card and freaking amazing SL on the card! Cap1 and I have a hate hate relationship. They hate me, and I hate that they hate me. 

Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the great approval!!
I have seen people being able to combine with a less than 6 month old Venture.
With accounts, last time I was approved about a year ago I was able to link the card with my current account immediately after the approval screen
Message 5 of 47
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

congratulations!!!! I'm hoping a $10k Venture is in my future so seeing your stats is very helpful!

AFAIK, CapOne requires ONE card to be 6 months old, right? And the card that is closing has to have a zero balance. Beware that combining cards resets the 6-month CLI clock. So if you're "due" to ask for CLI, do it before any combining. 

Otherwise, it's all about whether or not the offer is showing up for you. It isn't always there.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

O.k. So, I bit the bullet and applied a couple of days earlier than I thought I would for the Capital One Venture. Instant approval of 10K. But the APR is ridiculous at 23.49% - the same as my Quicksilver. This is 10 to 12 percent higher than my other cards. But, it's not too important because I PIF anyway. 

Data: 

Scores: EQ 705, EX 697, TU 686

Inquiries excluding new app: EQ 3, EX 2, TU 3

AAOA - about 9 years

Oldest account 26 years

BK7 discharged 7/2014

Other cards and CL are in my signature. My plan is to combine the Quicksilver into the Visa Signature when permitted to do so .

Couple of questions: 

1. Has anyone ever applied for a second Cap 1 and had the account show up online and linked to the original account immediately? This has happened to me. And the CSRs say it is weird and should not be happening?

2. I have heard that some are able to combine with the Venture very soon after receiving it and not having to wait six months as long as your other card is 6 months old. Is this true? If so, if I combine now and close the card that is six months old (my oldest revolving account since BK7), will that look bad to creditors like Chase if I wanted to apply laster this year?

My second card showed up immediately

Only the donor card needs to be 6 months old and at a zero balance - so if you want to add the Venture to the QS you have to wait, but if you want to add the QS to the Venture you could do it today

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have to wait 6 months before you can combine to Venture. You'll see.
Message 8 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, smc ...oh the humanitySmiley Wink
Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be off pouting in the corner as I read all the approvals from cap1 knowing I am #1 on their non existent black list 😂
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.