Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture 10K Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture 10K Approval

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Capital One account combo is been a real beneficial and very useful treat for many.

Good for them on introducing that feature for cardholders.

I totally agree! It is really helpful for those of us who are stuck in low profile purgatory with Cap 1 even though our profile has grown quite a bit since initial approval with decreased scores and/or weak profiles. 

This makes alot of sense for me!

Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, ItsPossible!!! That is fantastic! Smiley Happy Great SL, but I'm surprised at the APR as well. Smiley Indifferent

When you get your card, you have to add it. Choose "LInk My Account" in the "Services" drop down list, then click on "Enroll Your Card." I know this because I waited and waited for my QS WEMC to show up in there, and it never did. Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:

congratulations!!!! I'm hoping a $10k Venture is in my future so seeing your stats is very helpful!

AFAIK, CapOne requires ONE card to be 6 months old, right? And the card that is closing has to have a zero balance. Beware that combining cards resets the 6-month CLI clock. So if you're "due" to ask for CLI, do it before any combining. 

Otherwise, it's all about whether or not the offer is showing up for you. It isn't always there.

Both have to be open 6 months.

Message 23 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, ItsPossible!!! That is fantastic! Smiley Happy Great SL, but I'm surprised at the APR as well. Smiley Indifferent

When you get your card, you have to add it. Choose "LInk My Account" in the "Services" drop down list, then click on "Enroll Your Card." I know this because I waited and waited for my QS WEMC to show up in there, and it never did. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks Bella! Yeah-the APR sucks. I was really surprised!! It's crazy. But, I do PIF, so it isn't that big of a deal, I guess!Smiley Indifferent

Weird thing for me Bella is that it is already showing up in my accounts as linked. It even shows the last four digits of my card, along with card details, etc.  Go figure! 

Next stop, Chase in six months or so. At that point I will have 1 year of revolving debt history.

Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrsCHX wrote:

congratulations!!!! I'm hoping a $10k Venture is in my future so seeing your stats is very helpful!

AFAIK, CapOne requires ONE card to be 6 months old, right? And the card that is closing has to have a zero balance. Beware that combining cards resets the 6-month CLI clock. So if you're "due" to ask for CLI, do it before any combining. 

Otherwise, it's all about whether or not the offer is showing up for you. It isn't always there.

I am a case study that says otherwise, my friend

Message 25 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrsCHX wrote:

I am a case study that says otherwise, my friend

I'm glad you got through before the 6 months. I have a Venture(had it for 8 months before Venture One), and I had Venture One, I started trying at three months. As soon as 6 months hit it let me do it.

Clean credit files. No balance on either Venture, less than 5% aggregate. Each time I attempted it would bring up a list of the reasons why it couldn't be done. It always listed the 6 month rule.

So there is my case study, my friend.

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Bella! Yeah-the APR sucks. I was really surprised!! It's crazy. But, I do PIF, so it isn't that big of a deal, I guess!Smiley Indifferent

Weird thing for me Bella is that it is already showing up in my accounts as linked. It even shows the last four digits of my card, along with card details, etc.  Go figure! 

Next stop, Chase in six months or so. At that point I will have 1 year of revolving debt history.

Yeah, my datapoints when I applied for the QS were not as good as yours at all, and for the QS they gave me the 18.24 APR. Weird, I don't understand it at all.

That is cool that it is already showing up in your online account. Very cool!

That is funny that Chase will be next for you since I just apped for Chase on Feb 15, and got approved on recon. You are truly appearing to be following me! I will try not to lead you astray! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donny10 and TygerHawe 

Hey! I will attempt the combination once I get my card and activate it. I want to make sure everything is ok with my Venture before I attempt to combine. I will let you guys or gals know the results once I make the attempt. 

I'm hoping there is no issue with combination. But, if there is, that's no problem. I can wait six months. No big deal. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, my datapoints when I applied for the QS were not as good as yours at all, and for the QS they gave me the 18.24 APR. Weird, I don't understand it at all.

That is cool that it is already showing up in your online account. Very cool!

That is funny that Chase will be next for you since I just apped for Chase on Feb 15, and got approved on recon. You are truly appearing to be following me! I will try not to lead you astray! Smiley Happy

Bella, I am definitely following you around! LOL! And I should have stuck with my original plan to do just that.

Confession time -- after reading your success story with Chase, I decided to app for the Chase Marriott (requires a $5K limit). If I had been approved, I would not have applied for the Venture because I would have been happy.

I did not follow my gut. This application was out of turn. I should have waited because the Marriott requires a higher limit.

Sent app from Marriott website. Got the 30-day message. Then the robo lady said 7-10 days.  Of course, I called to recon. And let's just say it did not go well. They cited the BK7 (they were not IIB), opeing 3 cards in six months. They stated that even though I have cards with good limits there is no significant rebuilding. And, they cited the chargeoff with them for a HELOC and a mortgage when I shortsaled my house. They claimed it was foreclosed on, which is not true. I knew it was a long shot and probably too soon. But, I wanted to give it a shot since I really needed the Marriott and I wanted it more than the Venture. '

Oh well, hung up after after talking to them and got approved for the Venture immediately. Maybe, I can try again in 6 months. Maybe they will consider that more history. If not, life will go on.

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is a bummer about Chase. Honestly, I have zero understanding as to why they approved me for the Amazon Visa, zero. It makes no sense to me at all, not even one little bit. But one thing I do know is that you will get there, 100%! ☺
Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.