@Jerry45 wrote:

Congrats!!

Thanks Jerry 45!!! Very happy! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Venture 10K Approval

Congrats on an awesome approval!  screamer.gif

As for your questions, my experience has been different than from what some are reporting.  I got my venture a little over a month ago, and I'm able to combine my old QS MasterCard into it now (closing the old card, keeping the Venture) so the six month wait seems to be YMMV.  I can't try the other direction (keep old card, close new one) as I'm still meeting my spend requirement for the bonus. 

As soon as I was approved I was prompted to enter my existing Capital One login info, so that linked the new card to my existing profile (I didn't have to wait). 

Also, on the Capital One Wallet app for Android (not the 'regular' Capital One app) I was able to access the new card number, expiration date, and CVV so I could use the card right away.  Once the card arrived and I activated it online the number was no longer available on the Wallet app.  (To see the card details in the Wallet app, tap the little card icon next to the three dots... again, this no longer works once the card is activated.)

I hope this helps, and again huge congrats on the new account!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

As for your questions, my experience has been different than from what some are reporting.  I got my venture a little over a month ago, and I'm able to combine my old QS MasterCard into it now (closing the old card, keeping the Venture) so the six month wait seems to be YMMV.  I can't try the other direction (keep old card, close new one) as I'm still meeting my spend requirement for the bonus. 

As soon as I was approved I was prompted to enter my existing Capital One login info, so that linked the new card to my existing profile (I didn't have to wait). 

Also, on the Capital One Wallet app for Android (not the 'regular' Capital One app) I was able to access the new card number, expiration date, and CVV so I could use the card right away.  Once the card arrived and I activated it online the number was no longer available on the Wallet app.  (To see the card details in the Wallet app, tap the little card icon next to the three dots... again, this no longer works once the card is activated.)

I hope this helps, and again huge congrats on the new account!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks Uncle B for the congrats!!! I On the wallet App, how are your able to pull up the card number, expiry date and CVV. I can't view it. I tried it on both my Android phone and on my ipad! Smiley Sad  I tried tapping the card by the three dots on my Android phone and it doesn't seem to work for me. Smiley Sad

Edited to Add: Both the phone and the ipad only show the last 4 digits of the card and that it is a Venture. No more information

Message 44 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Thanks Uncle B for the congrats!!! I On the wallet App, how are your able to pull up the card number, expiry date and CVV. I can't view it. I tried it on both my Android phone and on my ipad! Smiley Sad  I tried tapping the card by the three dots on my Android phone and it doesn't seem to work for me. Smiley Sad

Hmm... that's strange; it worked for me - I have a cheap inexpensive Moto G4 (no NFC) and I was able to get the card number this way so I could then add it to Walmart Pay before the card arrived (as well as pay anything online, like my car insurance). 

With all my cards showing up on the Wallet app I could (and can) swipe left and right to change from card to card; when I swiped to get to my new Venture the little card icon changed colors (I think it took on a green background?)... this is what prompted me to tap it to begin with.  Once the plastic card was activated the icon reverted back to look like the icon I was used to seeing for my two QS cards, and tapping it doesn't do too much of anything (it just shows the card nickname).  Before activation, instead of the nickname it instructed on how to get the number (I think it required a second tap of the large card?).

I'm sorry if this isn't working in your case, but the good news is that they seem to be doing better about getting new cards shipped out; mine arrived faster than other Capital One cards I've received in the past. 

Slightly off-topic, I'm a big fan of Capital One... they continue to be the card that 'just works'.  I had an expected expense come up a few months earlier than expected so I used the opportunity to take care of the bonus spend... it was a single charge of around $2500 - on a brand-new card - and I half expected to have to call a CSR to have the purchase 'cleared' (it was over the telephone, so it was also "card not present" ).  My concern was unfounded, though... I got an immediate alert on the app that the charge was approved... no fuss, no muss, no drama.  Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Hmm... that's strange; it worked for me - I have a cheap inexpensive Moto G4 (no NFC) and I was able to get the card number this way so I could then add it to Walmart Pay before the card arrived (as well as pay anything online, like my car insurance). 

With all my cards showing up on the Wallet app I could (and can) swipe left and right to change from card to card; when I swiped to get to my new Venture the little card icon changed colors (I think it took on a green background?)... this is what prompted me to tap it to begin with.  Once the plastic card was activated the icon reverted back to look like the icon I was used to seeing for my two QS cards, and tapping it doesn't do too much of anything (it just shows the card nickname).  Before activation, instead of the nickname it instructed on how to get the number (I think it required a second tap of the large card?).

I'm sorry if this isn't working in your case, but the good news is that they seem to be doing better about getting new cards shipped out; mine arrived faster than other Capital One cards I've received in the past. 

Slightly off-topic, I'm a big fan of Capital One... they continue to be the card that 'just works'.  I had an expected expense come up a few months earlier than expected so I used the opportunity to take care of the bonus spend... it was a single charge of around $2500 - on a brand-new card - and I half expected to have to call a CSR to have the purchase 'cleared' (it was over the telephone, so it was also "card not present" ).  My concern was unfounded, though... I got an immediate alert on the app that the charge was approved... no fuss, no muss, no drama.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info Uncle B. The card icon on my Venture inside the wallet app is white. So, looks like I won't get that feature for me.Smiley Sad Soooo, guess I will have to wait until I get hte card in hand. 

I apped on 2/28. They sent me the "card shipped" email on 3/2 at 11:00 am. Hoping I get it by Tuesday. IBoth me and my authorized user will be out of town aafter Tuesday for an entire week!!! Wonder iif they will send to the hotel? 

I too really like Cap 1 so far! They gave me my first card after BK7. And consdiering I burned them in BK, I really appreciate the second chance. Also, I have had no problems either! I was a little apprehensive about using my QS in Asia. But I have used it several times to pay for hotel and have had no issues. I hoping that continues with the Venture!!  

Even as my portfolio grows, I will keep at  least one Cap 1 card in the lineup!

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous and TygerHawe 

Hey! I will attempt the combination once I get my card and activate it. I want to make sure everything is ok with my Venture before I attempt to combine. I will let you guys or gals know the results once I make the attempt. 

I'm hoping there is no issue with combination. But, if there is, that's no problem. I can wait six months. No big deal. Smiley Happy

Alrighty! 

So, here is my Datapoint on this. When I received my card, my previous card QS had a $15 balance. Soo, of course, I could not combine. However, once the payment posted, I am able to combile my old QS into my new Venture. The system is allowing me to do it. I was ready to click the submit button. But thought about it. 

Maybe I will wait 6 months and then try to see what would happen if I combine my Venture into my QS and see if they will upgrade my QS to WEMC. I think I might have to go through EO on this but I think I'm going to give it a try. 

If not, no big deal!

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.