Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Approval/Capital One Platinum DPs

tag
scfc1972
Valued Member

Capital One Venture Approval/Capital One Platinum DPs

Hi all!

I just got approved for a Capital One Venture card with a $5000 CL!

I just started building credit a year ago with a Capital One Platinum secured card on the credit steps program. I paid the minimum secured amount, can't remember exactly and had an initial $200 CL, bumped to $500 after the 5 months or whatever it is. I have never carried a balance and always paid in full, but utilization was reported as high some months. 

I also opened a $1000 CL Credit One about 4 months into my credit journey (I moved to the country 3 years ago and didn't bother to start building credit until a year ago). I just closed this card - that felt good!!!

I also have Wells Fargo Cash Wise ($2k CL) and a Blue Cash Everyday Amex ($2k CL). 

Today I looked to see if anything had changed with my Capital One pre-quals. I called and asked many times about my Capital One Platinum Secured being upgraded to unsecured, CLIs etc, but no dice. It appears, however, at the year mark that they completely reviewed my account. Upon checking prequalification, every single Capital One CC was available to me! Looks like after 12 statements there is a complete review on this.

I just wanted to share this for some data points for platinum. I expect I am bucketed within secured, I didn't put down a big deposit, maybe $50 I am not sure, and this is my oldest account comfortably so I would like to keep that open for now at least since it has no AF.

Hoping to get big CLIs and expand my relationship with Amex once I hit Venture SUB. 

Capital One - Secured Platinum $500
Capital One - Quicksilver $8000
Wells Fargo - Active Cash $2500
American Express - Blue Cash Everyday $26000
American Express - Hilton Honors $2000
Apple Card $6500
American Express - Gold NPSL
Amazon Store Card $10000
Citi - Double Cash $6200
American Express - Blue Business Plus - $2000
American Express - Amazon Business - $3000
American Express - Platinum NPSL
Capital One Auto Loan - 17,740 48 months @ 2.99% (refi)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Approval/Capital One Platinum DPs

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap One Venture approval!

Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Venture card !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.