Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Approval!!

tag
wxman2021
Regular Contributor

Capital One Venture Approval!!

Hey everyone!  I have been wanting a good miles/travel card.  I am wanting to travel a bit more and figured lets see what we can work toward.  Now, AMEX (Delta) would be the ideal goal, but have 4.5 years before I can apply for that.  I am 6+ *months*  post BK7, and have a C1 QS (good credit) for $3300, NFCU CR (from secured) for $2k and my local bank (CU) for $500.  

So, I did the pre-approval for the C1 site and came back with Venture (excellent credit) with all the subs avail......Also Savor (excellent credit) and all the subs for that.  I figured, I can meet the sub for the 60k (V) or the sub for $300 CB (Savor card) so I was like which one would be better for me.  

I hit apply for the Venture and got approved for $5k!!  Largest yet and qual for all the subs as well.  My main goal is to just let everything age now and let my INQ fall off and use my NFCU and Venture cards and sock drawer the other 2 cards.

Yall are amazing!!!

DC (5/25/2021)
Current: EQ8 684 EQ9 669
Current: EX8 698 EX9 696
Current: TU8 718 TU9 724
As of 7/7/2023
UTIL 1%
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Approval!!

Congrats on your Capital One Venture approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 2 of 25
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your Venture Approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 25
Trini88
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Venture approval!!! 🥳🎉🎊

Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your 5K Venture approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the C1 Venture approval.

Message 6 of 25
House1204
Contributor

@wxman2021 wrote:

Hey everyone!  I have been wanting a good miles/travel card.  I am wanting to travel a bit more and figured lets see what we can work toward.  Now, AMEX (Delta) would be the ideal goal, but have 4.5 years before I can apply for that.  I am 6+ post BK7, and have a C1 QS (good credit) for $3300, NFCU CR (from secured) for $2k and my local bank (CU) for $500.  

So, I did the pre-approval for the C1 site and came back with Venture (excellent credit) with all the subs avail......Also Savor (excellent credit) and all the subs for that.  I figured, I can meet the sub for the 60k (V) or the sub for $300 CB (Savor card) so I was like which one would be better for me.  

I hit apply for the Venture and got approved for $5k!!  Largest yet and qual for all the subs as well.  My main goal is to just let everything age now and let my INQ fall off and use my NFCU and Venture cards and sock drawer the other 2 cards.

Yall are amazing!!!

Why do you say it will be 4.5 years before Amex? I think you can apply 5 years and 1 month after a bk.

Message 7 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Pretty amazing backstory on your part too. Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 25
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

That's great congrats on your new Venture card!

Message 9 of 25
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.