Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Approved

tag
YoungB718
New Contributor

Capital One Venture Approved

Soooooo, I called the Application Status Line and got the "We're still processing your application..." message so I decided to speak to an acutal rep who confirmed that my application was approved with a SL of $15k (I was hoping for 25+).  My only concern is the fact that it's been nearly a week since my app and my account hasn't been set up yet and no email of approval has been sent.  Guess I'll wait a couple more days and try calling back. I'd really like to know the APR.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $10k|| PenFed Travel AMEX: $5k|| NAVCHEK: $15k|| US Bank Cash+ : $10k|| Citi Thank You Preferred: $9.7k|| Lowes: $35k|| PenFed Promise Visa: $11.5k|| Navy Federal Platinum: $22k|| Navy Federal GoRewards: $25k || PenFed LOC: $5k|| Capital One Venture: $15k || Barclay Reward Visa: $2.7K|| Chase Freedom: $10K|| Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10k|| Chase Freedom Ult'd: $6.8k Boscov’s: $11.5K|| PenFed Thrifty Credit: $500|| Discover IT: $2,800|| Wells Fargo Cash Wise: 8.8k||
Beginning Score:600 / Current Scores: EQ-735, TU-744, EX-744
Goal Score:800 Across

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Approved

wrote:

Soooooo, I called the Application Status Line and got the "We're still processing your application..." message so I decided to speak to an acutal rep who confirmed that my application was approved with a SL of $15k (I was hoping for 25+).  My only concern is the fact that it's been nearly a week since my app and my account hasn't been set up yet and no email of approval has been sent.  Guess I'll wait a couple more days and try calling back. I'd really like to know the APR.

Congrats!

If you could offer some data points... how many new accounts do you have in the past 6 months/12 months?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for a cap 1 with the same 7-10 message. They called and confirmed my identity then said it’d be another 3-5. I called on mon to find I was approved and spoke to a rep for my CL (only $3k but considering I burned them 2 years ago for 2 cards, which I paid off in CO, I’ll take it) I NEVERRR got an email or anything that’s confirmed I got approved. I think, from what I’ve read, that’s pretty standard for cap1. You should get an email saying your card has shipped. I haven’t yet, but hopefully soon it’ll pop up. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 is very inconsistent with emails and such. I never got an email confirming my approval.

Congrats on yours.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur. I applied a week ago thursday for their Spark card, this past Wednesday got a call from Identity verification and then they said they would move onto next step. Last night i got an email saying a new card shipped. Am just glad the 3x credit pull resulted in an approval. I will wait and see this week when it arrives. Whether i call or wait it is what it is.

Message 5 of 6
marcuscan
Valued Member

I'm happy to report that I've just been approved for this card. I'm going coming to the end Year 3 of a credit rebuild. It all started in Sept 2015. I don't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure my scores were a mix of upper 500s, and maybe one low low 600s score. Started off with secured cards via, Cap1. CLs were 250 & 500. After a few months of on-time, and in full payments, they released my security deposits, and bumped up my CLs. CLs are now 3800 and 5800....a pittance relative to most, but i'm ok with it....for now.

Anywho, about this card - I got a 9k CL, however it appears they're still dinging me with the APR which is 24%. Smiley Frustrated That's fine, rates don't matter much considering I typically either keep no balance, or very low balance. I attempted to pre-qual for the card, but got nothing. After reading through this thread I said, eff it, and just went for it online. I got instant approval! I never would've expected as much. I thought I was going to get the whole, 7-10 days thing. My intention with this card is to start down the travel hacking path. I was too nervous to start with companies I don't have a relationship, so I gave this card a try. 

Open to any suggestions, and thank you all for sharing insights! 

My numbers:

EQ | 691, TU | 626, EX | 664

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.