Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture One Approval!

tag
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Capital One Venture One Approval!

Long time, no post! After stepping out of the garden when I closed on my condo last summer, I accumulated a slow trickle of new cards and accounts to purchase renovation materials and appliances and such (plus the long awaited Marvel card), but didn't update my progress for a bit. I kind of decided that 2018 would be the year of financial recovery after such a large purchase and so many new accounts and inquiries, but that 2019 will be the year I kick off more frequent traveling. Since a travel card is just about the only thing missing from my portfolio at this point, I cold app'd for the Capital One Venture One card today, and was approved with a $10,000 SL.

I'm quite pleased; this matches my all time highest starting limit, and gets me a card out of the Capital One sub-prime bucket. I have a QS1 that started as an Orchard Bank card, then transitioned to Platinum card, then PC'd to QS1, but the CLIs are slow in coming and low in dollar value. It's only still in my wallet with the dwindling hope of someday getting a PC to the regular QS. 

I would have liked the regular Venture (I actually plan to use the thing for the miles, and Venture's 2x offer is better than the Venture One's 1.25) and I think I probably would have been approved for it, but I really didn't want another card with an annual fee, and the 20k miles bonus after spending $1k in the first three months is much more achievable for me than the Venture's 50k miles bonus for $3k in three months. So, the Venture One it is!

Lastly data points: EX 720, TU 712, EQ no clue. Total utilization around 30%, no recent baddies, something like 7 inquiries across the board. I'm no longer truly gardening, but no plans for future apps.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture One Approval!

Congrats! Can't wait to get a miles card so I can get to travel more often.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and nice SL.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Venture One approval, and thanks for the data points

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow nice job! 

Message 7 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Why would you want a Venture One over a Quick Silver?

Just Curious.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 11
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

@Shooting-For-800wrote:

Why would you want a Venture One over a Quick Silver?

Just Curious.

As I mentioned, I wanted the Venture One for the travel benefits. I have several trips planned for 2019, and I can accummulate a good bit of miles/points in a year to cash in for airline purchases by then. I already have a much smaller QS1 (or should say, had; I just finally got it PC'd to the QS using the oft lauded Capital One check for upgrade thread!), and I didn't see the point in adding another cashback card. I already had that in the QS1 and Discover It card. A travel card was missing from my portfolio, and I actually have travel needs planned, so the Venture One fit my needs. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the condo and sweet travel card!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.