Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture One Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture One Approval

Hi Forum,
I’ve had my eye on the Capital One Venture/V1 since my BK discharged in 10/2018 and I was approved for the Capital One Platinum card w/ a SL of $500 and I was a part of the credit steps program. Six months and a product change later, my new limit on my QS card is $750. I waited a couple of days after my last credit app w/ Cap1 six months ago to apply for the Venture/V1 card. At first, I was going to apply for the Venture card. After I read the terms and fees, it said that my min. limit would be $5,000 if approved. I thought I wouldn’t be approved based on my BK on my acct and plus I know I wouldn’t be able to meet SUB of $3k in 3 months; 50,000 miles.

Instead, I applied and was approved for the V1 card w/ Capital One with a SL of $1,000 (0% APR for 12 months). I’m really happy because I don’t have any travel credit cards since my BK. Since I have an upcoming cruise, it will be a lot easier for me to achieve the SUB of $1k in 3 months; 20,000 miles. I still need to purchase my airfare and hotel. I’ll do that right when my card arrives, and I’ll pay it off in full afterward. I do plan on product changing this card to the Venture card once that option becomes available.

My question is: once my card ages, when can I request a CLI? Is Capital One generous with CLI on this card? Lastly, what does “bucketed card” means and how do I know if I have one or not?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture One Approval

Congrats on your approval! 

As far as cli, Cap1 once had a set parameters, such as every 6 months etc. That is no longer true now. 

Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the V-1. You can ask for CLI anytime they are SPs though I would not do so until you have at least 6 months under your belt.
Message 3 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card! 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Enjoy the new card!!!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! Way to go!

I'd eventually get rid of Blaze, Ollo and Indigo.

You have QS, Venture1 and Navy. Those are awesome!

Message 6 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 8 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and enjoy the upcoming cruise!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Anytime I ask for a CLI before 6 months they will say something like this "Unfortunately, your account isn't eligible for a credit line increase at this time because there has recently been a change to the credit line on this account". Your experience might be different from mine though. If it is a SP it cant hurt. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.