cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture - Why Not!?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Venture - Why Not!?

I just saw mention of the latest 75K SUB yesterday and forthcoming travel partner benefits, not to mention some of the other benefits added as of late. While the partners do not seem all that great and I have a great travel card already in the CSR, it appears CO has done quite a bit to make the Venture a better offering.

I couldn't pass up the SUB though as I have 4 personal domestic trips coming up next spring and the purchase erasure will come in handy for some of those expenses.

For those interested, I was at 2/24, 840'ish FICO8, less than 1% UT, 10 years average age or so, generally excellent credit. While CO has always been good to me, I was a little nervous seeing others with good credit being denied recently. Good luck to others interested in this great SUB!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture - Why Not!?

@etx wrote:
I just saw mention of the latest 75K SUB yesterday and forthcoming travel partner benefits, not to mention some of the other benefits added as of late. While the partners do not seem all that great and I have a great travel card already in the CSR, it appears CO has done quite a bit to make the Venture a better offering.

I couldn't pass up the SUB though as I have 4 personal domestic trips coming up next spring and the purchase erasure will come in handy for some of those expenses.

For those interested, I was at 2/24, 840'ish FICO8, less than 1% UT, 10 years average age or so, generally excellent credit. While CO has always been good to me, I was a little nervous seeing others with good credit being denied recently. Good luck to others interested in this great SUB!

So were you approved and what's your SL and APR ? Thanks Congrats if you are approved Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Frequent Contributor

I guess that important note was left out, but yes, I was approved for $30K and I believe the APR was 21.24%, which is ridiculous if I planned on carrying a balance. I think the lowest APR for the card is like 20.XX% and not sure why I didn't get that, but a moot point since I will never carry a balance.
Message 3 of 13
Valued Contributor

@etx wrote:
I guess that important note was left out, but yes, I was approved for $30K and I believe the APR was 21.24%, which is ridiculous if I planned on carrying a balance. I think the lowest APR for the card is like 20.XX% and not sure why I didn't get that, but a moot point since I will never carry a balance.

Thank you for the data points Smiley Happy Congrats on a VERY NICE sl Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Venture Family. Jennifer likes your decision to apply too! Smiley Surprised

venture.PNG

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 5 of 13
Valued Contributor

This is another great SL and I've seen a few the last few weeks on Venture.  Congrats to you!!

Message 6 of 13
Super Contributor

Nice approval for you. You are obviously picky about what cards you choose - was this one all about the SUB?

Message 7 of 13
Frequent Contributor

I most likely would not have applied if not for the SUB, but I may find the Venture useful, we will see.
Message 8 of 13
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 9 of 13
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and joining the 30k Cap1 Club!

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.