Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture

Very nice!

Message 11 of 21
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Pretty cool feeling that first major credit limit isn't it? Treat Cap1 good and they will be very good to you Smiley Happy  Use the card a lot and make large payments. CLI in no time...

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn straight it does!
Message 13 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! that's an awesome suprise to roll up onto! i like capitalone a lot. nice job! 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats nice, congrats on the Venture One approval, great SL

Message 15 of 21
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 16 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@manew57 wrote:

I have been reading this forum for a little while now,  trying to understand all the tips and tricks that everyone has to share,  and I must say it has helped tremendously in bringing up my FICO scores and getting me a more rounded portfolio.  I have been wanting a Venture card for some time and knew that I must wait for everything to fall in place and eventually the time would come that I would see the prequal approval for it. 

Well I have been checking the Cap One prequal site often and nothing was ever coming up.  I already have the QS (1250) originally a Platinum for about 4 yrs and a QS1(1600) originally a Orchard for the same.  But they are not growing the way I would like for them too.  I get the 6 month increase but only about 200-400 dollars at a time.  Never going to get where I want at that pace.  LOL 

So yesterday I checked the prequal site and nothing came up again,  this time I said WTH and went ahead a applied for the Venture figuring at best I would get the Venture One.  To my surprise I was approved for the Venture and to my astonishment, with a SL of 10,000.  Thats more than all my other cards combined.  This never would have happened if not for the great people on this site,  I truly appreciate all the info that is posted on here. 

It's a nice card; enjoy it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting your scores were quite low for a Venture. Did you have any cards above 5K prior to your application? 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval
Message 19 of 21
schsa210
Established Contributor

Nice! Congrats!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.