Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is an Enigma

tag
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Capital One is an Enigma

Scores in the 775-800 range.

Requested a CLI on my $300 walmart store card a couple weeks ago...denied for "insufficient use of currently available credit." Apped the Venture card instead and was insta-approved for $10k. 

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One is an Enigma

Congrats on your Venture approval.

Message 2 of 17
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One Venture Rewards approval

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've started keeping my Quicksilver in the drawer. It's bucketed, I'm certain. 

Message 4 of 17
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Billharrell wrote:

Scores in the 775-800 range.

Requested a CLI on my $300 walmart store card a couple weeks ago...denied for "insufficient use of currently available credit." Apped the Venture card instead and was insta-approved for $10k. 

Yours is a fairly common myFICO story.  As I understand it, CapOne packages new cards at some point and sells them off (there are a few threads around here which describe the process), hence older cards can get bucketed for..., well, I guess forever.  That said, when you apply for a new card, that is an entirely new underwriting analysis, and an entirely new credit line to ultimately be packaged and sold.

I have a middle tier Quicksilver (initial credit limit was $3,000); I pretty much suspect it will never grow much past $5,000, if even that high, however, my bet is, if I apply for a Savor or Venture, my credit limit will easily be in the low five-figure range.  Given I'm "gardening" at the moment, I won't know for sure until a year or so from now, at the earliest.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 5 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

10K SL is a better consolation and you landed it. Guard that puppy and use it etc.

I ditched BOTH Kohl's and Platinum for the very simple fact they are cellar dwellers and no way going to play their waiting game on either.

You made the right choice and came away with a decent line. Congrats!

Message 6 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One Venture approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 17
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Venture approval 👍🏼

Message 8 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Now if you could only reallocate CL with this bank......  Grats on your 10K venture approval!

Message 9 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval and $10K CL !!   Did you end up with two HPs, for this approval and Walmart CLI attempt?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.