Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one credit card pre approved letter and 3 hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one credit card pre approved letter and 3 hard pull

I recently applied for capital one savor and got rejected. Within 20 days i got a snail mail from capital one saying that I am eligible for capital one quick silver credit card with 150$ bonus. Some where i read that more than 1 credit pull with a credit agency  by the same credit card company within 30 days is counted as only 1 - under that assumption i applied online with the reservation code and the details provided in the letter. To my shock and surprise , i got 3 more pulls (1 pull from each credit agency). Also in the final landing page - it said i had to wait for 7-10 days for verification/approval of credit card.

Now i am helpless, because now i have 3 pulls within 20 days by the same company reading my credit score. Why can't capitalone use the score which was read previously 20 days back Smiley Sad. Also snail mails from capitalone - aren't they preapproved ones ? (which is just soft pull)

My credit enquiry count got increased now Smiley Sad

Note: I did received an email from Capital one asking me to upload address and id proof.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital one credit card pre approved letter and 3 hard pull

Cap one usually pulls all 3. Savor card is harder to get. If you applied for a different card they will pull again .

The inquiries will not count as 1 if  its the same company in 30 days for a credit card applications. ( That only refers to car shopping where subsequent inquiries get counted as one)

Unfortunately if you apply for 2 different cards with Cap One you can expect to get 6 inquires possiblySmiley Sad 

That's why I don;t have cap one in my wallet Smiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Correct, any application for a cc thats results in a hp , regardless if same lender , will count as an individual hp . Cap one loves their triple pull.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for capital one savor and got rejected. Within 20 days i got a snail mail from capital one saying that I am eligible for capital one quick silver credit card with 150$ bonus. Some where i read that more than 1 credit pull with a credit agency  by the same credit card company within 30 days is counted as only 1 - under that assumption i applied online with the reservation code and the details provided in the letter. To my shock and surprise , i got 3 more pulls (1 pull from each credit agency). Also in the final landing page - it said i had to wait for 7-10 days for verification/approval of credit card.

Now i am helpless, because now i have 3 pulls within 20 days by the same company reading my credit score. Why can't capitalone use the score which was read previously 20 days back Smiley Sad. Also snail mails from capitalone - aren't they preapproved ones ? (which is just soft pull)

My credit enquiry count got increased now Smiley Sad

Note: I did received an email from Capital one asking me to upload address and id proof.

Pre-approved/pre-qualified letters and e-mails just means they've already soft pulled your credit reports and determined you meet most of their requirements. They still have to hard pull your reports when you apply.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is why i hate cap one because of that triple pull dont see why its needed most other lenders just need 1 pull with the exception of maybe citibank who might pull 2

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.