Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one in giving mood!!!!

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Capital one in giving mood!!!!

I decided to log into my capital one accounts and see if I could get credit line increases. Capital one has been good to me in the past, giving me credit when I couldn't get it elsewhere.  Here are my results

1.  1000  to 1500  quicksilver one

2.  1000 to 1500   quicksilver one

3.   500  to 2500   platinum   and did a product change to quicksilver one. This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

4.   600  to 3600   platinum and did a product change to quicksilver one.   This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

I still have one card at 500.00 limit that I cannot get an increase on, it was an old card that was transferred from another company to cap one. Does anyone know why they wont CLI this card?

I have built my credit up and don't really need these cards but they really help my utilization, having been increased by $6000.00 in less than 5 minutes.

It has taken a long time, almost 3 years of plugging along down the credit road, but now with increased limits, and having added AE and Chase to my wallet in the past 6 months. I feel like I am heading towards the right direction.

I owe it all to My fico! 

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one in giving mood!!!!

Very Nice Increases.. Congrats.. Very nice work getting them limits.

In regards to the other card have you tried the EO to get an increase on that one.

Message 2 of 35
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

I decided to log into my capital one accounts and see if I could get credit line increases. Capital one has been good to me in the past, giving me credit when I couldn't get it elsewhere.  Here are my results

1.  1000  to 1500  quicksilver one

2.  1000 to 1500   quicksilver one

3.   500  to 2500   platinum   and did a product change to quicksilver one. This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

4.   600  to 3600   platinum and did a product change to quicksilver one.   This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

I still have one card at 500.00 limit that I cannot get an increase on, it was an old card that was transferred from another company to cap one. Does anyone know why they wont CLI this card?

I have built my credit up and don't really need these cards but they really help my utilization, having been increased by $6000.00 in less than 5 minutes.

It has taken a long time, almost 3 years of plugging along down the credit road, but now with increased limits, and having added AE and Chase to my wallet in the past 6 months. I feel like I am heading towards the right direction.

I owe it all to My fico! 

Congrats on your CLI,s Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 35
traveler2005
Established Contributor

The account that has a 500.00 balance was an old orchard bank visa, don't know if it is eligible for increase. Thought I read somewhere in forum that the old orchard cards were not able to receive increases. I will contact EO and see if they increase the limit. Thanks for the helpful tip.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 35
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Your most welcome. They might offer you a product change and increase, I know when i talked to them about the regular plat. card they first said i was eligible for a product change and asked if i was interested i said yes so they changed to the quick silver. then he put me in for an increase which i asked for twice as much as i wanted cause i knew they would counter offer me and they did . but increase took me from 500 to 3k.

Good luck i had nothing but good experience with the EO  

Message 5 of 35
39Xelor
Established Member

Capital one has become much better within the last year! Prior to that the majority of people on here were enrolled in credit steps with no card growth opportunity at all! Glad to see you received some good CLI's! Good luck Smiley Happy

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 6 of 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 35
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your CLIs!!!  I have always liked Cap1, despite others who had bad experiences with them.  I also think that they've been pretty generous w/ their CLIs within the past year.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 35
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

+1
to MyFico forums membership, mods, etc. and extremely vital discussions shared here that highly encourage credit responsibility while pointing out opportunities that lead to REAL RESULTS!

Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.