cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one luv button should I accept or hold off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one luv button should I accept or hold off?

My DH has a QS1 sitting at $3.8k and rolling up on a CLI soon and it just hit a year..They can grow despite the little box we put the QS1 in, I think QS would be the ultimate PC to grow it more if you start seeing lower and lower CLI amounts

@Pway wrote:

I have not seen the QS1 reach limits of that amount.  I would combine at the six month mark.

@Anonymous wrote:

@undrtkr65 wrote:
yes I am and I'm going to go ahead and take the increase. I have another quicksilver with them that was upgraded from the platinum that I got last July and it's been stuck at 750 since January. I do plan on combining these cards as soon as I hit my 6th month mark on my newest card. thanks for the input.

I personally would not close them out too quickly eventually you can get 3k or higer cli on each card. I would wait till i could at least combine for 15-20K first. Thats my experience and I now have 2 Cap1 at 20K each

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one luv button should I accept or hold off?

FWIW, I would hold off for $500 to establish more history with them.  In my experience, CapOne hasn't been generous with CLI's with me.  Instead it appears they prefer to spread the risk over multiple cards.  Started with a $200 secured Platinum they auto increased to $650; app'd and approved for a Platinum in credit steps for $2K that I eventually PC'ed to a Quicksilver; double app'ed and approved for a Venture ($15K) and a VentureOne ($10K).  CapOne gave me a chance when I started rebuilding 1.5yrs ago, with a fico score of 535. Keep up the good work!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.