Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one pre qualify...UPDATE - Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one pre qualify...UPDATE - Approved

If I get pre qualified for both quicksilver one and platinum . Can I apply for both and get approved? Or is it just one I will get approved for. I currently don't have any CapOne cards. 

if only one , which if the 2 is better to higher cli in the future and just a better card to have ingeneral I know I can upgrade the card later via a upgrade link. 

17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one pre qualify

You want platinum. It's no annual fee.
Message 2 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Yes, platinum can be upgraded. QS1 is very hard to upgrade.
Message 3 of 18
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I get pre qualified for both quicksilver one and platinum . Can I apply for both and get approved? Or is it just one I will get approved for. I currently don't have any CapOne cards. 

if only one , which if the 2 is better to higher cli in the future and just a better card to have ingeneral I know I can upgrade the card later via a upgrade link. 

ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I understand that I am not eligible for this offer if:
My application is received after this offer expires, is incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate or cannot be verified.
My address is not in one of the following locations: the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or a U.S. military location.
My address is a correctional institution.
My monthly income (my disclosed total annual income divided by 12) doesn't exceed my monthly rent/mortgage payment by at least $425. Or, Capital One otherwise determines that I am unable to make my monthly payments.
I am under 18 or do not have a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days.
I have 5 or more open credit card accounts with Capital One.
I have a past due Capital One credit card account.
I am over my credit line on a Capital One credit card.
I have had a Capital One credit card that charged off within the past year.
I have a non-discharged bankruptcy (one that is still unresolved).

I pulled that from capital one. It's down in the Rate and Fee section at nearly the bottom of the page. Not sure applying for both disqualifies you for sure, but that's how i read it.

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 4 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Echo what @AllZero said for sure. In the grand scheme of things, Platinim is a great gateway to a regular no AF Quicksilver card via the upgrade option you already mentioned. Good luck if you decide to apply, and let us know how it goes! 🙂

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thanks all. For your insight applied and approved for 300. It's small but it's a start after 1 year after discharge I'm finally back in. First card besides Merrick and open sky which I've had for about 9 months . 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for 300 platinum !! 

Message 8 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. Thanks all. For your insight applied and approved for 300. It's small but it's a start after 1 year after discharge I'm finally back in. First card besides Merrick and open sky which I've had for about 9 months . 

Good for you, and CONGRATULATIONS! Cap1 has always been there for me too when I needed help rebuilding and I will be forever greatful to them for that. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 9 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I'm not sure of current 2020 policy. PicoFico posted their policy. A couple years ago, one could go for a 2-fer. More like 2-fer, 3 hard pulls.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.