Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one shocks me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one shocks me!

Been with capital one for 5 years now, started with a secured $500 card, then got a quicksilver one and a platinum, well after watching and reading boards here at myFICO, I started working my cards like I read, a month ago I applied for 2 Amex cards and BoA and was approved for $1000 on each Amex and $2500 on BoA, well I have been at $2000 cl on each capital one card except the secured which I closed a while back, so about 2 mos ago I Pc the platinum to a regular quicksilver, fast forward to today and I log on to cap 1 and literally smash the cli button and 💥 I GET A $500 increase on the quicksilver 1 so I accept it and move to the quicksilver and smash again, 💥 I GET A $500 increase on the quicksilver, I guess my cards are not bucketed after all or maybe so?!?!?!?!? Scores are all in the 660 to 680 range, my cap one util is at 12% on both cards
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one shocks me!

Grats on your double CLIs Smiley Happy

If an account is opened in a bucketed condition it is always bucketed, its why one should just open a new account with Cap-1 if they want to deal with them after they have a clean file.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it’s probably not bucketed then? I don’t really want to app for another card at cap 1 because I don’t want to pull all 3 bureaus, I’ll eventually close all cap ones once my cl on my discover and Amex cards and BoA get up there
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It seems Cap1 is well aware when you start to open other cards.

My QS started as a platinum back in December 2018 at 1K SL with the 500 dollar credit step in 6 months. It was my first CC other than a nasty Dillard’s card when I was in college that ended in a CO. But I assembled all the other CCs in my sig since then, namely a 7K Disco and Cap1 gave me an extra 1K on top of 500 with no usage other than 11 dollars a month. So 150% increase in 6 months for me! (Still won’t use it lol)
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it does seem like they know! Congrats on your discover and that’s where I’m headed with my discover as well as my Amex cards, I’m keeping my BoA for emergency use other then $14 a month autopay on it
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap1 CLI's!!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every single Capital One card is bucketed, even the super prime customers don’t start in their highest bucket (there are no accounts less than 5 years old in it). 

Some cards are more bucketed than others and there seems to be no real concrete reason for why one profile gets out of the starter bucket like mine that started at $300 and is now $8250. Just use the card and if CLIs aren’t what you want, start checking for prequals for second cards. Capital One can be extremely generous with limits on those. 

Congrats on your successes!

Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 10
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Message 9 of 10
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI approvals!!!   Smiley Happy
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.