Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Venture card approved with $15K credit limit

tag
jonsnow3130
Valued Member

CapitalOne Venture card approved with $15K credit limit

Approved for CapitalOne venture with $15K credit limit. I am planning to pay my Rent and everyhting with this card. Any suggestions to make most out of it?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CapitalOne Venture card approved with $15K credit limit

Great approval, enjoy it Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Very nice SL.

Many here will say the Venture is essentially a 2% card with restrictions (redeemed for Travel Redemption). I personally think it is better than a straight 2% cash back card, or it was for me.

With the new added transfer partners, I believe you can get 1.5 cpp on some transfers, though I never had the opportunity to try this when I had mine. The TSA Pre check it comes with is an $85 value which just about eats the annual fee alone. And if you use Hotels.com ever the 10x point per dollar value is absolutely incredible (note, not sure if this benefit is getting renewed next year). It's my belief this card exceeds your average 2% cash back card for the right kind of traveler, and you don't really need to be a globe trotter either. If you can use the TSA pre-check and use Hotels.com a few times you'll make out ahead. Even if you do not use such things, the high SL this card comes with is a nice bonus over a 2% cash back card. Plus, the AF being waived the first year gives you time to see if you'll really maximize the benefits.

It's good to know you plan to use this card for most everything. I firmly believe that is the best way to get value out of the Venture. The Quicksilver in my profile started out as a Venture and just got switched recently. It worked as a nice 2% card for me, and because my local transit here in Boston codes as travel, I was able to always redeem at full value, even if I didn't have travel coming up. I simply switched it to a QS because I'm moving over to MRs but still wanted to get ocassional use out of it.

Message 3 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 4 of 17
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and that is a really nice SL!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 5 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and nice SL!!!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice approval and SL!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Venture approval!!
Message 9 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Don’t redeem your points until you have travel charges to apply them to for the 2%.

Apply towards oldest travel purchases first.

Dont forget to spend enough for your SUB.

I have been getting 0% offers on Venture lately also which is unusual for me.  I usually get them on QuickSilver and new on Savor.  If those matter for you, keep an eye out for them.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.