Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne huge CLI

tag
jgdev
Regular Contributor

CapitalOne huge CLI

I can't even deal right now haha.

So I opened a QuicksilverOne card back in February when my scores were 628-640 across the bureaus. I was obviously on their credit steps program with a $300 SL. Well I decided to try the luv button earlier than the 5 statements and they gave me a WHOPPING $100!.....

How is that even a thing lmao. My First Access garbage predatory rebuilding card which I plan on cancelling gave me a $200 CLI from the same starting point a month ago. I got approved for an Amex BCE a week and a half ago with a larger limit lol. Hopefully I still get the auto CLI after the next statement cuts in June but who knows.

Just thought some people would find the $100 CLI funny. 

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: CapitalOne huge CLI

Cap One does that but any kind of CLI is still good! Keep following the steps program and you will still get your steps CLI, too. Congrats on the BCE, too!!! You can grow that one quickly. Just be good to AmEx and they will reward you.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 17
jgdev
Regular Contributor

Luckily I have a pay in full mentality now. No more carrying balances for me. I'm not too worried I just thought it was hilarious and I agree any CLI is a good thing haha.

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and CLI

Message 4 of 17
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Let us know what kind of auto cli you get in June. Hope it's a nice one!
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 17
VipreArmed
Contributor

You aren't alone.

When I got my QS1 I was in Credit Steps too and did a pull for $100.  After I completed the program, they gave me $500 more.  It's like the norm.  I can't get this card to grow past that for some reason.

But yeah...that Amex should grow nicely.  It's easily my favorite card in my profile.  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, hey I feel ya but coming from credit steps, it's to be expected. Dont worry, the cli chase gets better as your profile improves. I actually got my 1st Wally card at a buck fiddy sl. But it grew so now it's a funny backstorySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My First Access garbage predatory rebuilding card which I plan on cancelling gave me a $200 CLI from the same starting point a month ago. 

When I first called First Access they gave me a $50 credit increase. Well from $300 to $350 that's something out of nothing haha, :-P I took it gladly. Then a week later they told me they were upping my other card with them to $450. (the Total Visa) I was happy about that. I still haven't got a $200 CLI with them yet, but I will be happy if I can get them there. I hope I can get them up to at least $5K, then they will be good for emergency back up cards, at least if they're sock drawered. 

Does anyone know how high these cards can go? I never hear much about them on the forums, but would be happy if I could pull 10K between the accounts in the future...

I hope your CAP1 card grows btw. Maybe you could try applying for a different card with them? 

Message 8 of 17
jgdev
Regular Contributor

I think capital one is 1/6 so one account every 6 months. If it grows like my old Platinum did I got it from $300 to $2750 in 11 months. Then I haven't gotten a CLI on that one in a year (kinda to be expected as it was maxed out almost every month until recently. Hoping to get some luv on that one after a few months of it reporting 1% UTL after being pegged at 95%+ for 3 years. Otherwise I'd try for another one later down the line. But for now I'm semi gardening since I want a new car in the next 12 months and want to make my profile look nice and all that.

Might look into joining NFCU since my grandfather was honarably discharged from the Navy so I'm pretty sure I'm eligible.

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhhh yes, those are very confusing... I mean to remember the rules for amounts of apps with each company in a time period... I had a cap1 back along time ago, before I burned them with a CO & loved them because their customer service was so nice, but I believe mine started at $300 and never grew because I never asked for CLIs... I didn't know about it at the time? I was really young... 

Who are you thinking of going for with your car? 

I am still nervous to apply for a new Cap1 until my profile ages since I burnt them, but they approved me for my neiman marcus card, so I guess I'll just try to use that one for a few years and then reapply with Cap1? 

I just dropped over 40pts due to my AOAA and my first progress & total cards are my oldest accounts, I won't be closing mine, just hope for growth...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.