Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalone Venture One credit steps cli 3k to 5k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitalone Venture One credit steps cli 3k to 5k

You are right. I think that could be my problem. I left some balance on NFCU card for sometime now because of the low APR. I think Cap1 do look at other credit card acccounts too. Before the next cli (1 or 2 years now???? on Capital One) I have to PIF my Sofi loan 1st of Mar Smiley Happy, Amex Gold and Freedrom. Smiley Happy  I haven't try CLI on Discover and I have close to 30% utiliization. I am planning to Pay that off in 3 months. I didn't realize the APR is so high 24.49% and was paying slightly more than minimum. My fault overlook that account after enjoying the Balance transfer. That APR pretty much wiped off the benefits I have with Discover with the interest charges. I read somewhere on on of the threads, you can request for lower APR right? I rather have a lower APR on Discover card than getting CLI for now. My goal is to apply for PenFed and CLI on  one of my Capital One cards before end of March. I am hoping my Fico Score jumps at least 20 points by mid March with $7000 payments. I received my income tax return 12 days after I filed and it helps a lot.

Message 11 of 21
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PC and CLI!

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI!! 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! 👍

Message 14 of 21
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 15 of 21
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI, that's a really nice increase! There was another member that posted amostly exactly the same experience about their Cap1 card yesterday. I wonder if larger credit steps increases will become a new reward from them for using their cards well? Either way, great work! Smiley Happy 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 16 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 17 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@benreily

Good job on having a plan to pay down your cards, I call disco every time my 0% apr expires and they just keep extending it by 9 months on both my $600 chrome and $2k cash card, kinds sucks because they haven't offerd me bt again or cli in last 7 months. Capitalone on the other hand always gives cli on 6 month intervals and keeps reducing my apr on both my $1250 qs1 and $5k ventureone I never go above 29% spend or max 49% spend then pay down to 29% or pif before any of my cards report. I think i messed up with disco ordering bt checks & not using them when i first got them but who knows.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Ficoproblems247

Yes there has been a good amout of ppl getting more then the expected $500 cli. I too hope they keep it as a cap1 thing like how navy has a thing for 2nd card high sl.

I also recently read about some upset from someone on credit steps where they accepted the early small 200 or 300 cli and were expecting from trends to get the full $500 after credit steps but only recived $200-300 to make a total of $500 cli.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.