Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capt 1 hates me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capt 1 hates me

After DW got her $2,000 increase on her QS I decided to try my luck.  I never used my QS like she does and it always for some reason always has had the lowest limit of any of my cards.  So anyway I hit the button and get a whole $150 increase.  I am thinking of gardening for 6 months and apply for a new QS and trash the old one.   I use my Amex ,her Amex ,Disco and Citi DC more.  but still. my scores are 740- 760. I am not happy with them 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capt 1 hates me

You can't really be mad at them. You said you don't use the card. So what's the point for them to give you more credit when you don't even use what they are currently giving you? Now if you were using the card and needed more credit and they weren't giving it to you, that's another story. 

Message 2 of 8
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

While I know you're not too happy with the CLI, congrats nonetheless. I think C1 likes to see usage. I haven't used my C1 too much and have only been able to get an increase of $1k. Which is odd because they initially gave me SLs of $10k and $20k. Now when I ask for a CLI, I get denied and the reason is because I'm not using my current CL. I've been using it more, hoping to stave off a CLD, but I may be too late. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually put about $200 to 400 a month on it. Not much.  I had to make a big purchase yesterday and wanted the most rewards so the options were tie up my Citi Dc total limit  or put it on my DW Capt 1.  My Disco would easily cover it but only at 1%. So DW Capt 1 got the use. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I usually put about $200 to 400 a month on it. Not much.  I had to make a big purchase yesterday and wanted the most rewards so the options were tie up my Citi Dc total limit  or put it on my DW Capt 1.  My Disco would easily cover it but only at 1%. So DW Capt 1 got the use. 

And that's why CapOne likes your wife better. She spends more on the card than you do on yours and because of that they would rather give her more credit. Next time split the purchase in two. Max out your CapOne card and pay the rest on another card. Then pay it off as soon as it posts. No ding to your utilization, more rewards than putting the whole thing on another of your cards, and you show CapOne that you'll actually use a higher limit and need one, not just want one. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea.  I could use and pay asap. I would have used my Citi Dc but it closes on 9/18/17 and I was concerned it would post and close before I could pay it.  

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Backwoods is not happy with them, not mad, and its ok to feel something towards your card haha. There are people who use the heck out of their cards and still dont get cli love so you would at least like them to be consistant. I know $200-$400 a month is alot to some people but that would be a good spend for me and seeing as Capitol One doesnt like that makes me glad i cant get their cards. If i wanted to feel like im out of my league id apply for a CSRSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, Backwoods is not happy with them, not mad, and its ok to feel something towards your card haha. There are people who use the heck out of their cards and still dont get cli love so you would at least like them to be consistant. I know $200-$400 a month is alot to some people but that would be a good spend for me and seeing as Capitol One doesnt like that makes me glad i cant get their cards. If i wanted to feel like im out of my league id apply for a CSRSmiley Wink

I get the out of league part.  Amex  forever tried to cram a Plat down our biz.  That is we don't have an Amex for Biz. We get card offers for reward miles but we very seldom fly and drive or take the train.  Disco has spent atleast  $200 trying to get  DW to get a Disco card and offered her the 13.xx rate interest , 14 month 0% the free bt  but since I already have one we don't need another.

Our last attempt was yesterday night for DW a Chase Freedom she prequalfied under great terms and I submited it but as i posted under the Chase confussion post  it seems to be out to pergatory(sp) no pulls, no e mail, nothing showed up on the screen it instead was if blocked by a popup  blocker.    The 5% by quarter is very similar to Disco but the shop with Chase stores matches DW perfectly.   This is about the last card we need/want. I did check her for 5/24 first and she is good.      

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.