Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit Approval

In preparation of a procedure I plan on having either late this year or early next year, I pulled the trigger on Care Credit app and was approved for 2k SL. Not the number I wanted but I’ll take it for now. 

Any my ideas on how to get at least an 8k cli in 6 months? I currently have ortho bill I pay with flex spending but I won’t have enough to cover the last 6 months of the year. Does it make sense to have ortho bill charged to care credit & then pay after the statement date to show usage prior to procedure? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit Approval

I’ve used Care Credit for dental and pets...I’ve gotten CLIs by putting swipes on the card and by having care providers call and tell them what a procedure will cost. Both ways got me a CLI. Most recently I tried for a SP CLI and was denied because of not enough card activity.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you asked the robolady yet? I started at $1,700 and now I’m at $15k but I didn’t ask for any CLIs for the first year or so. All my CLIs have been using robolady

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved, so I have not asked her. Was thinking I would put some usage & PIF after statement drops so I can show responsible activity with them prior to asking. Just not sure how long I should wait before I ask.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck and congratulations on your new CL!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion, if you let the statement cut with a balance on it, ask for a CLI then. Or PIF first, then ask for a CLI. I made a purchase with mine and made the mistake of PIF before the statement cut and was denied for a CLI. So then I tried letting the statement cut with a balance on it and bam, CLI approved. YMMV. I went from $800 to $6437 or some weird number like that to $12K. I'm not sure how much of a CLI you'll get in 6 months time, but Sync can be very generous.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can ask care credit for an increase through the automated system no need to talk to anyone. just put in your info and a decision is made
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you asked the robolady yet? I started at $1,700 and now I’m at $15k but I didn’t ask for any CLIs for the first year or so. All my CLIs have been using robolady

What number are you calling for the robolady? Is it on the Backdoor Numbers post? TIA

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, just to see what would happen, I went online to my Care Credit account...I hadn't attempted a CLI since the one was disapproved in early March.  Prior to that time it had been about 11 months without any activity on my account.  Since the request in March I put one $10 charge through my card and paid it off before the statement cut.  Today I asked for an increase from $4K to $10K and was given a CLI to $12K.  It certainly seems like card activity, even minimal, will have a significant impact.  

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What number are you calling for the robolady? Is it on the Backdoor Numbers post? TIA

The number on the back of the card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.