Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit CLI and question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit CLI and question

I got a care credit with $1000 limit in September. Today I asked for a CLI via the website to $2000 and I was approved.

Should I have asked for more/should I call in and ask for more? I plan on having a $1500 procedure done in the new year so I just asked for $2000 and wasn’t really thinking about the whole CLI synchrony game.

Scores are all floating around 640-650
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Care Credit CLI and question

They always do an HP, so you got hit with one for that request.   If you call Credit Solutions and ask for more (which I would), be sure to ask if it is another HP.   Tell them you made a typo and wanted a 10K increase.

I would never take an HP for a $1000 CLI.    Care Credit was one of the first cards I got after BK and they gave me 10K.   They are designed for people who want to finance say expensive dental procedures like implants and such -- and are used to getting requests for 20K or more.   I mean you can barely get one crown for $1200 these days.

Message 2 of 8
sid33
Regular Contributor

An HP is not always the case. I've had 3 CLI's on my CareCredit account this year, and I didn't get a HP for any of them. The only HP was the initial app. I would call and ask for more. They'll let you know when your at the max for your profile.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten 2 Care Credit CLI this year and no hard pull either. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thus far I wasn’t notified of a HP. I think they stopped that in the last year or so from what I’ve read.
Message 5 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Good to know.   In the past it was always an HP -- and the subject of a lot of discussion on these boards.  I haven't done a CLI with them for a few years now.    Things do change.   

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Log into your account on the website and use the chat option to ask for a CLI. I did that two times in a week and went from $500 limit to $7000 limit with scores around 650. I did not get a HP any of the times I asked on chat, but I'm not going to say that you won't get one.

Message 7 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.