Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Really WOW

tag
myfavoritehue
New Contributor

Re: Care Credit Really WOW

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you from yiur post went from 5k to 9k to 15k in two weeks hit the button two times in 2 weeks
Thank you soft pull!!!

They do a hard pull when you apply and a soft pull each time you request an increase?

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's so awesome!  Please keep us (or at least me) updated on your dog's surgery. I am a huge lover of ALL dogs -- especially having rescued a beautiful German Shepherd in December of 2011. I know how expensive these surgeries can cost, so that 12k can work some miralcles.  Heck, I might look into CareCredit but have too many inquiries at the moment... 

Also, not sure if you have pet insurance, but it's helped cover 90% of my dog's surgeries minus the deductible.  Keep us posted, and congratulations!!  Heart 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
Grats on the CLIs Smiley Happy

A cone will stop him from doing that again.

Yep!  Cones or "Elizabethan collars" for the royal canine majesties work wonders!  But, might I offer a suggestion?  There's an inflatable "donut collar" that goes around the pup's neck which enables your pup to have more comfort via a circular "plush pillow" anytime they lay down.  It helped with my Shep and his recent bladder stone surgeries!    

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope your dog is going to be OK, maybe a muzzle will work if you can't use a cone

Message 14 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

Yup, I would recommend a soft muzzle or basket muzzle - he can still eat/drink/bark/what have you, but can't really lick or chew on himself.

Alternatively, maybe a bite-not collar?  it goes around his neck as well, but you could pad the area, and as it's a longer tube, it might not rub on the spot, depending on where it is (this is going to be super site specific, so it might not help at all).

And as a last result?  Get him some jammies/a sweater type thing.   Or even an ace bandage.   Just getting the area covered and inaccessible could be a huge help.   My older pointer was great at getting past any collar, so I eventually got her a thunder shirt (yes, for scared dogs, normally, but it worked great for this, too!), so that her incisions were covered and she couldn't nibble/scratch at them effectively.   A good friend of mine has jammies for her whippet, because with their long legs/necks, she had the same issue re: them getting past cones and collars.

Also, congrats on the card! 

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 15 of 20
niceassets
Valued Member

If you don't mind sharing the pet insurance you're using and happy with.

Thanks

4/20/2020 - EQ 646, TU 596, EX 596
Message 16 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 17 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero   7 months late? .. No excuse!

Message 18 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero   7 months late? .. No excuse!

lolz. Late to the party!!!!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! 👍

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.