Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit approval surprise.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit approval surprise.

Hello everyone. So 2 days ago my dog got a spider bite and I took her to the emergency vet. That day I paid $388. It's been 2 days and she hasn't eaten  so I decided to take her back for a check up. Once the vet told me what he was going to do I decided to apply for Care Credit. I went on their website and filled evrything out. I requested 3k and to my surprise I was instantly approved for it. I'm really surprised because my other 2 credit cards have really low limits. One has a limit of $400 and the other a $585 limit. Do you guys think I should've asked for more? By the way, they pulled my TU, I live in LA just incase anyone is wondering. My TU is 698, I have no baddies/lates and my AAoA is 7 months. I'm only 19 which is why I was even more surprised. Anyway I just wanted to share my approval. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit approval surprise.

Congrats on the approval. I really hope your dog is doing ok!

Message 2 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. So 2 days ago my dog got a spider bite and I took her to the emergency vet. That day I paid $388. It's been 2 days and she hasn't eaten  so I decided to take her back for a check up. Once the vet told me what he was going to do I decided to apply for Care Credit. I went on their website and filled evrything out. I requested 3k and to my surprise I was instantly approved for it. I'm really surprised because my other 2 credit cards have really low limits. One has a limit of $400 and the other a $585 limit. Do you guys think I should've asked for more? By the way, they pulled my TU, I live in LA just incase anyone is wondering. My TU is 698, I have no baddies/lates and my AAoA is 7 months. I'm only 19 which is why I was even more surprised. Anyway I just wanted to share my approval. 

Yes it's very possible that if you'd asked for more, you'd have gotten it.

It's not too late, though; after you get the card you can call and ask for a bigger limit. They're good about doing that, but it's a hard pull unfortunately.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh congrats! I applied was given a 7-10 day message and thought I was declined then I got an approval for $1,000 which was less than 20% of what I asked for. If you want to try for higher call credit solutions, they raised my limit $9,000 today. Still waiting to find out if HP or SP.

Message 4 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

CLI seems to be SP lately

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

CLI seems to be SP lately

I am hoping this is the case, I still have not HPs since I requested yesterday so it is looking good. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been hearing that CLIs are SP lately. I'll request a CLI as soon as i get the card. I'll update as soon as I find out if it's a SP or HP.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW initially was approved for 2k. she called and asked robo lady for an additional 2k, robo lady said your new credit line is now $9,600.00. This was 3 days ago and appears to have been a soft pull.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent News! Enjoy your new SL and card this holiday season.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I just got the card today and requested a CLI. I asked for 2k more through the robo lady but she only gave me $500 more. I think it was a SP. I didn't get any alerts from CK and those are usually instant so I think the CLI SPs are true.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.