cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit approval, wish I asked for more.

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Care Credit approval, wish I asked for more.

I got this, will use it when I go in next week to see the Oral Surgeon for consult.  The est. over the phone was that it could range anywhere from $1500 to $3500 depending on what all is involved.  Also, I got this in case I need to cover the cost of Dh's cpap if Ins. doesn't.  So that's another grand.  I might be looking at a maxed out tl.  

The acct. is partially set up, says it needs 24-48 hours, I still pushed the request more button and got the 'does not qualify' message or something like that.  Should I call in or is it too late?

I app'd late last night.  They pulled TU.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Care Credit approval, wish I asked for more.

Message 2 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

hahahaha!  I needed that, at least I got something.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never hurts to call CS and see what they can do - I’d call them. Congrats on getting it Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Never hurts to call CS and see what they can do - I’d call them. Congrats on getting it Smiley Happy

I just had a chat with CS and he couldn't find my acct. until I gave him the whole acct. number from last night.  Made me nervous, so I let it slide.  He did say it takes up to 72 hrs.  I'll just be happy with what I got.  Reading around here how quickly it grows maybe I can do that.  I might put some of it on another card or something.  Hopefully Ins. will pull through for Dh and this will be a non-issue.

Would that hp be good for 72hrs.?  Maybe I could ask then.  Or is there a small window of opportunity?

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty sure they’re SP requests like other Synch accounts. Don’t think you have to worry about a HP as more than just a freak occurrence.
Message 6 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats LauraSmiley Happy what limit did you get? Cli should be sp no matter what. Maybe wait til you get the card to call up Credit Solutions. Ask for highest amount you are comfortsble with and let them counter if eligble. Eventually you will get your high limit. Just say you are having procedures done snd would like to see if you can get ahigher limit to help with it . No need to produce a story, they will check to see if you qualify. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks Guys,

I'll do that.  He did find where I applied through my Surgeon's practice and said that number will be the same as the number on my card, but I won't have it in time.  So yeah, once the office gives me the quote I'm gonna ask if there's a way to submit the price so it's legit.  Maybe that would help too.

They did raise ds's after his dw maxed his out last week. He only had it a month.  Now they sit at 48% instead.  I don't want 90%.  That'll hurt.

Message 8 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I forgot I got 0% interest on my Discover card until Aug. of 2020.  I could put Dh's cpap on that.  Cause Care Credit probably wouldn't let me buy his would they?  Would he have to be an AU on Care Credit to purchase the cpap?

Message 9 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats LauraSmiley Happy what limit did you get? 

Oh, $5200.00

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.