Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit Approved ($10.2k)

tag
csl1
Contributor

CareCredit Approved ($10.2k)

I'm quite surprised by this because I have a two-year-old PayPal Credit account with a $250 credit line AND a four-month-old PayPal MC with a $300 CL, neither of which have been eligible for CLI on any of the bazillion occasions that I've asked Synchrony to raise the limits. 

But tonight, I decided to apply for a $15k CL with CareCredit (issued by Sync), which I intend to use for a medical procedure this fall. Shockingly, their site "prequalified" me for an offer with an undisclosed limit and prompted me to call their toll free number to complete the application. 

Convinced that I was heading either for a slow denial or for another paltry $300 offer, I called to see what might happen. I gave some personal details to one of their reps and was informed that I've been approved (🎉) for $10,200. Color me gobsmacked. 

Thanks, Synchrony, you mystery wrapped in a riddle. I'll take it.

☞ Credit Cards: NFCU AmEx, NFCU Visa Signature, PenFed Pathfinder Visa, Truist Enjoy Cash, Discover It, Capital One SavorOne, Citi BB Visa, Paypal MC, PayPal Store Card, CareCredit, Cap1QS1
♛ Total Credit Lines: $52,750
⚖ Chapter 7 Discharge: October 2018
☼ Credit Scores: Mid to High 600s
☮ Gardening As of May 13, 2022

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CareCredit Approved ($10.2k)

Congratulations on your Care Credit approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CareCredit approval

Message 3 of 12
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! This card has been very useful for me on dental procedures. I really appreciate that 0% interest is always available.

So great that you got a SL high enough to be useful!

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Care Credit approval!

Message 5 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your sweet Care Credit approval 👍🏼

Message 6 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Care Credit approval, it's a really nice one!

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS @csl1 on your CareCredit approval, the AWESOME SL, and Welcome to the CareCredit family!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Im going to get procedure either end of year or beginning of next and hoping to use care credit

Message 9 of 12
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @csl1 on your Care credit approval...good luck on your procedure!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.