cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit CLI $4.2k to $12k, no mention of pull!

tag
trnj88
New Contributor

CareCredit CLI $4.2k to $12k, no mention of pull!

After reading some recent success stories here on MyFico about CareCredit CLIs and not getting any hard pulls, I figured I'd log into the online chat and request a CLI.. been stuck at $4.2k since I opened my CareCredit a few years back since I didn't want a hard pull for a CLI request.

Low and behold, the chat rep gave me an increase to $12k with no mention of a pull whatsoever! I purposely didn't mention anything about soft or hard pulls since I wanted to see if they would grant a CLI just by internal factors... success!

Here's the convo:

4:33:51 PM : Brian: Initial Question/Comment: Hi, I am curious if my account is eligible for a credit line increase. Thanks!
4:33:56 PM : System: Welcome to Consumer Center Live Chat. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes. A chat agent will be with you momentarily.
4:34:16 PM : System: [name removed] has joined this session!
4:34:16 PM : System: Connected with [name removed]. Your Reference Number for this chat is [removed].
4:34:26 PM : Rep: Hello Brian, Thank you for contacting us today.
4:34:31 PM : Rep: Good afternoon.
4:34:40 PM : Brian: Hello, good afternoon
4:35:11 PM : Rep: You may request for an increase in your credit limit at any time.
4:35:46 PM : Brian: Ok thanks! Am I able to do that via chat or do I need to call the number on the card?
4:36:06 PM : Rep: I will be happy to help you with it.
4:36:11 PM : Rep: To complete this Transaction, I am going to need your net income. When disclosing income, please provide the annual net dollar amount of all sources of income which you have, as an individual. Alimony, child support or separate maintenance income need not be included unless relied upon for credit.
4:37:20 PM : Brian: Net income is approximately [removed] per year
4:37:41 PM : Rep: Thank you, may I know how much you wish to increase the limit too?
4:38:13 PM : Brian: We would like to increase the limit to $10k if possible as we use this regularly for costly vet visits
4:38:32 PM : Rep: Thank you, let me check if system give me permission to increase the limit to $ 1000.00
4:39:21 PM : Rep: I mean $10000.00
4:39:46 PM : Rep: I am glad to inform you that system has granted me a permission for an increase to $ 12,000, would you like me to take the system value or set it to $ 10,000.00?
4:40:06 PM : Brian: The higher is better, thanks! That's great Smiley Happy
4:40:46 PM : Rep: You are welcome.
4:41:06 PM : Rep: I am glad to inform you that you request for $ 12000 has been updated successfully. Your new Credit Limit is $ 12000.
4:41:25 PM : Brian: Perfect thank you very much, I appreciate it!
4:41:36 PM : Rep: You are welcome
4:41:36 PM : Rep: Have I answered all your questions today?
4:41:41 PM : Brian: That's all for now Smiley Happy

Woot! Requested $10k and got bumped to $12k Smiley Happy

P.S. Since there was no mention of a pull or inquiry anywhere I am assuming it was a SP, if anything. If I see a hard pull I'll be sure to dispute it with this chat log.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit CLI $4.2k to $12k, no mention of pull!

I got +9800 the other day. It showed on transunion as an account review soft pull. All my chat dude ever said was " shall I proceed with the increase?"
Message 2 of 12
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Same here! I went from $500 to $7000 over chat with no HP. It's been over a week so I'm sure of it.

Nice work OP! That's a very usable limit now.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I access the chat? I never see a link. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

if you login to your account, you may notice a green chat box pop up towards the top of the screen. It only shows if a csr is available for chat, so may not show all the time.

If it doesn't show up immediately after login, just stay in your account if you have a few minutes and it may show for you.  I don't see it every time that I have logged in, but have noticed it most times when I've gone to look for it

Message 5 of 12
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

if you login to your account, you may notice a green chat box pop up towards the top of the screen. It only shows if a csr is available for chat, so may not show all the time.

If it doesn't show up immediately after login, just stay in your account if you have a few minutes and it may show for you.  I don't see it every time that I have logged in, but have noticed it most times when I've gone to look for it

Yep. I've only seen it every now and then. Much less frequent than Amazon's chat for example.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Message 6 of 12
mato01
Regular Contributor

My limit has been at $2000 since I receivd the card in August 2015. I went on chat last night, and ask to have it raised to $10,000. They came back and said I was approved for $12,000. Took it. Thanks for the info.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 7 of 12
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@mato01 wrote:

My limit has been at $2000 since I receivd the card in August 2015. I went on chat last night, and ask to have it raised to $10,000. They came back and said I was approved for $12,000. Took it. Thanks for the info.

Nice!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might help with the chat window. I also used it and was approved for an increase to $7000 from $4000with a 666 Transunion score.

Why can't I see the Chat icon?

If you are attempting to chat during our non-Chat hours, the option will not be available. Chat hours of operation are from 11 a.m. ET to 7:30 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday. There may be other circumstances in which you may not be able to see the Chat option. If you need assistance when Chat is unavailable, our phone number is available in Contact Us at the top of our web page or by calling the number on the back of your card.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that was so easy it was scary.  $800 --> $10,000 BOOM!  That's the sound of my overall utilization slamming into the ground!  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.