Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit CLI ..does it matter?

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: CareCredit CLI ..does it matter?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Would be a great policy change but ive burned too many inqs on my rebuild to be fooled againSmiley Wink. I guess the cards i have with them arent in dire need for more cl like Sunglass hut but i would like abit more breathing room for my Pep boys card. But since it was always a hard no its just gonna be a hard no on any more hard pulls Smiley Happy

Hey Joe, How do you like Pep Boys for your 🚗 car?

I'm currently using Firestone, I like the card itself, but I always walk away from Firestone with the feeling that I just got screwed! Thinking of switching my auto service location..

Thanks!

Sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread...😎

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 11 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Yes, your cli is a good thing. A large cl on a "specialty" card serves as a great uti buffer. It's not as easy to run up the charges as compared to a regular MC or Visa, Weick of course means you will have a good uti buffer, as already mentioned. 

Congrats are inn order!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@fltireguy wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Be very happySmiley Happy That a great cli and it being sp, the best kind there isSmiley Happy

It's not soft pull at all; it's always a hard pull with Care Credit, unlike other Synchrony cards.

When I got my CLI 60 days ago, it was a SP. There was no alert for the inquiry, and no HP has shown since. Also, it DID show as a SP in the account review section of my TU report on the date of the CLI request....

Other people have also reported SP CLI's recently as well

I've also read in more than one thread now where Care Credit gave a CLI and it was only a SP, which is definitely a change from what we're used to with them.

I've started a new thread to discuss it... feel free to share any and all data points there:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Care-Credit-Doing-SP-CLIs-Now/td-p/4777965

Oh, and congrats to the OP on the CLI!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Grill!

Im happy with my service at PepBoys!. My cars going on 12 years and i try to do whats expected by the manual, no way am i a car guy or mechanic Smiley Wink , but i normally take it there for my oil changes, tires, etc. The card itself is ok, high Apr, so in reality i have better cards to use. Where i live there are no Firestones. I got this card for $500 but was a pain in the butt because i had to send a recon letter if i recall correctly. Took almost a year to finally get it to 1200, no auto love like i heard would happen, nor do i ever expect to receive.

You would think they would help give higher cl because car emergencies etc can add up. I havent used it in like 6 months but am gonna change my oil soon so will use it just to show some usage. So far my local PB treat me well.

We now return to our local programSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJamaica, it is not always a hard pull, I just got a CLi from 1k to 12k, with a soft pull on chat thru sychrony financial this last week.  I was sent new cards and told me to log onto synchrony financial page and chat was there in upper right hand corner, I got increased and NO hard pull been almost a week now, just for your info ....

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.