Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit CLI story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit CLI story

I opened my care credit account on 6/27/17 with a $1000 SL.
Three months in, requested a CLI online, asked for $2000 and approved for $2000
Two months later requested another CLI, asked and approved for $3000. A friend mentioned that they got multiple CLIs in a day on theirs, you can keep requesting until they counter online. So I turned around and asked for $5000, countered at $3500.
Today, same story. Asked for $5000, approved for $6000. Turned around and asked for $10000, countered at $7000.

I’ve only used a few hundred dollars here and there on Botox since opening. When I have a balance I let it report and usually take 2-3 months to pay it off.

It seems like CareCredit has some sort of rounded limit they’ll approve depending on your score, because I have multiple friends that got $3500 counters just like I did. One had a $3400 limit and they only gave them a $100 increase to $3500.

Scores float somewhere in the 640-650 region. 30ish % utilization.

All SP increases. It seems like CareCredit has done a complete 180 compared to how they used to handle things. Thought it was worth sharing!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit CLI story

Congrats. I just told someone earlier that synchrony, in my opinion, gives credit limits in brackets based on scores. For example no more than $5k on a walmart card with scores 680 or below. Reason I say this is because I've read hundreds of data points to support this theory. When I told someone earlier on here they had already requested an increase to 3k and got it (Wal-Mart card). I told him to go ask for 5k and that he'd be approved. Sure enough he came back with an approval. (Btw care credit is backed by synchrony bank.) So yes I do agree that scores (TU in particular) determine CL with synchrony. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just got a CLI from Care Credit last month plus I opened two new Synchrony accounts in the past 2 weeks and my score took a hit due to the new accounts....I'm still tempted to ask for a CLI on my Care Credit though lol ugh choices

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yeah could be a score issue. I’m at $7800 and was denied a CLI a couple months ago. My TU is in the low 700’s. I might be capped out until I get a score boost. I’ll try again in May and see what happens. My balance is less than $300. I use it for teeth cleanings and payoff every quarter.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband has a 690 and just got his carecredit bumped to 12k so I don’t think that theory works. And that is what I asked for, they may have given him more.
Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Op. Yes, Synchrony is usually tied into your TU score. The higher the score, normally the higher limits can be achieved. I find the sweet spot for increasing limits to be 680-720. 690 is magic babySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have a Walmart card and I can’t get an increase on it to save my life. Isn’t that weird? It’s only at $1000.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.