Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit MasterCard CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

CareCredit MasterCard CLI

After reading about @CreditCuriosity's success with Lowe's last week I decided to poke at CareCredit again, mostly for grins.

It was strange... I got an error message, "unable to complete action" or something to that effect, so I immediately tried again and got the boilerplate 'decline' message, so I figured I was out of luck.

Well, just a few moments ago I was checking over my accounts and I saw that I did, indeed get the CLI.  Smiley Happy

CareCreditCLI.png

For posterity, my CareCredit PLCC CL was $8k, and when the card was upgraded to MasterCard back in the summer they increased it to $9.5k.  My TU FICO8 is currently around 780. 

I can't say for certain, but I suspect the initial request was granted, which is why when I tried a second time it was declined (I'll probably be getting a letter in the mail explaining why the second attempt was turned down... LOL).

Anyway, I'm now offcially 'done' with this one.  $15k is much more than I would ever need, and should I decide to use the promo financing I'll be in good shape as far as utilization goes. 

TL;DR... if you get a strange error code when trying for a Synchrony CLI, be sure to go back and check your dashboard.  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: CareCredit MasterCard CLI

CongratsSmiley Happy

May I ask how long you had the card before they upgraded? I just have the regular ole carecredit card, would love the MC instead.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy

May I ask how long you had the card before they upgraded? I just have the regular ole carecredit card, would love the MC instead.

Thanks!

Absolutely... I got the CareCredit (PLCC) in August 2015.  I still had a couple of baddies at the time.  I got the upgrade offer back in May June (2018), and accepted it a month later.

(Edited to correct the month that the upgrade offer was received.)

Message 3 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy

Thanks!

Absolutely... I got the CareCredit (PLCC) in August 2015.  I still had a couple of baddies at the time.  I got the upgrade offer back in May (2018), and accepted it a month later.

Thank youSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I just went back and checked my upgrade offer and it turns out I was a month off; I got the offer in June, not May... now my CLI denial in October makes sense - I was too early.  dunce.gif

Anyway, here's a link to the thread regarding the upgrade:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CareCredit-MasterCard-Upgrade/m-p/5270093

Message 5 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Awesome UnkaB! Now I know my CLD went to a good cause.😂

My limit was $15k now $6k. I didn't know it was reduced until CK alerted me.

I called them to close it. Because I don't have the MC and haven't used it in the last year.

The CSR actually talked me out of it, reminding me they do 0% promotions on the card. He asked me if I wanted to raise it back to $15k. I told him to just leave it at $6k. If I needed, I'd call and have it increased in the future. 

Message 6 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Awesome UnkaB! Now I know my CLD went to a good cause.😂

My limit was $15k now $6k. I didn't know it was reduced until CK alerted me.

I called them to close it. Because I don't have the MC and haven't used it in the last year.

The CSR actually talked me out of it, reminding me they do 0% promotions on the card. He asked me if I wanted to raise it back to $15k. I told him to just leave it at $6k. If I needed, I'd call and have it increased in the future. 

Thanks my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

Your situation sounds similar to one I had 'back in the day' when Synch was still GE Money Bank.  They lowered the limit on one of my accounts by just a few hundred dollars and when I noticed it really annoyed me.  I gave them a call to just close it out, but the rep said, "... why don't we just restore your limit to what it was?"  I also took the bait.  Smiley Very Happy 

The oddball CLD (often for non-use) seems to be a 'thing' with them, but luckily they are fairly easy to deal with.  Easy come, easy go...  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice increase!

Message 8 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your increase UncleB.  We both sit at 15k.. I will make you a deal once you pay off your small balance lets trade cars are you can have the cool old memory non mastercard back and i will syffer with the mc version Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Nice increase!

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats on your increase UncleB.  We both sit at 15k.. I will make you a deal once you pay off your small balance lets trade cars are you can have the cool old memory non mastercard back and i will syffer with the mc version Smiley Happy

If I can get my 2015 account opening date back you have a deal!  Smiley Very Happy

To be honest, had I known that the CareCredit PLCC was about to be accepted at Walmart I never would have upgraded.  Back in the summer I was looking at having no good way to keep it 'alive', since my local Rite Aid is converting to Walgreens - that's the only thing that motivated me to upgrade to begin with. 

It's all good, though... no regrets.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.