Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit/Synchrony Bank: CLD back to CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit/Synchrony Bank: CLD back to CLI

Just wanted to share. I have been SOOOO frustrated trying to improve my utilization by getting CLIs since most of my older cards are backed by Citi Smiley Frustrated. I had 3 lates reported on my HD card earlier this year which seems to blacklist me across the board with them. I had my CareCredit for 3 years now and had a SL of $7500 which had a CLD to $3500 when I paid most of my balance down. Today I requested $10k via chat on CareCredit's website and they countered $8k. Agent said it may or may not show on my credit due to their internal factoring system (I will take that as a SP, lol). It's effective immediately but will take 48-72hrs to report to the CRAs. My statement cuts on the 5th so hopefully my new balance and CL will be updated at the same time. It's a bit better from where I started but hopefully that will sway other creditors.

Some data points:

Total Number of Cards: 7

Vantage scores: TU 646, EQ 648 & According to Discover Fico EXP 646

AAoA: 9yrs, 1 month (opened a JCrew & Overstock card this month)

Collection: Have 1 open collection which is being handled by CS 360

PR: none

Hard Inquiries:

Started rebuilding last month, and I have since sent out goodwills and disputed a reporting with 2 EOs who are still working on my request. Waiting for my updates tomorrow...hopefully my scores jump.

10 REPLIES 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: CareCredit/Synchrony Bank: CLD back to CLI

Congrats on the CLI OP , just stay positive and keep moving forward and you will get to the point you want to be at. I know it gets frustrating sometimes but it will all work out as long as you stay diligent and keep working towards a better credit profile
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats on the CLI OP , just stay positive and keep moving forward and you will get to the point you want to be at. I know it gets frustrating sometimes but it will all work out as long as you stay diligent and keep working towards a better credit profile

+1. As Aduke said, just keep working hard and it will happen. Don't lose patience. Best of luck to you in your journey.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I checked my vantage scores today and it jumped 122 pts to 768! So I'm sure have to be in the 700s with FICO. All from the improved utilization (HD card finally reporting the new low balance and overstock credit line being added)

My additional credit limits with Opensky, JCrew & CareCredit didn't even report yet. In just Two months and I thank this board. Cant wait to see what the goodwills and collection removal does.
Message 4 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's great OP , but be wary of comparing Vantage to Fico , mine sometimes can differ up to a 100 pts . If you don't already have Credit Check total, I recommend it , you can get a 1 dollar 7 day trial period in which you get all 3 reports and fico scores and if you wish to cancel all you do is call bf your trial is up , which they will then offer you a 50 percent discount on their monthly fee . I took advantage of that bc I need to keep up with my true fico scores .
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your other cards? None give a free FICO?

Congrats on your increase! That's a nice one. Smiley Happy
I agree with Aduke... get CCT trial for $1 to get all 3 FICO's. You can cancel via phone and it is all automated. Don't even need to talk to anyone.

Again... congrats on the increase.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes which is why I'm assuming I will be at least close to 700 in fico. I plan to sign up in Jan. I wanted to use these free ones as a snapshot to see what needs to be fixed. I have the Discover Scorecard one that was reporting 646 before these updates.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have OpenSky (new..hasnt reported), Citi DC, Macys, JCrew (new...hasnt reported), Overstock (new...just reported), HD & CareCredit. The Citi gives me the fico bankcard 8 which was 648 on 11/22 before these changes.

I plan to apply for better ones (Discover & Amex) once I feel comfortable using an Inq. My first will fall off in March
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So since Citi owns my DC, Macys & HD, I found out the denials for CLI were because of my high uititlization on HD. I paid off the balance to $0 and clicked the luv botton on my DC and got a $1100 increase. I called in for Macys and requested a CLI bringing that card up to $2500. All SPs.

Citi is one tough cookie.

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! They sure can be. One thing i find is that they may look across all Citi backed cards and see how much credit you have total and that can sometime affect how much more credit they'll extend you. I may one day reduce my exposure to get better luv with my Dc. Great job bringing down your utilization, always a good thingSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.