Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit TU SP CLI 500 --> 6000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit TU SP CLI 500 --> 6000

Hi folks!

Just some data points to share.  CareCredit just upped me from $500 to $6,000 with a soft-pull from TransUnion.  I've been a cardholder since last October, when I began rebuilding. 

I'm now up to $25,300 in unsecured lines of credit, starting at ZERO dollars in October 2018.  Smiley Happy  Man, it's been awesome knowing that if my air conditioner blows or the car breaks down, I'll be able to sort things out and still be able to eat and pay rent.

22 REPLIES 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: CareCredit TU SP CLI 500 --> 6000

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

I've been a cardholder since last October, when I began rebuilding. 

Congrats OP, did you ever use the card?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

Once in October, when my cat was having a urinary problem.  That was maybe $280.  Since then, I just put about $40/month on it for his prescription food, and pay it before the statement cuts.

Message 3 of 23
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

maybe $280.  Since then, I just put about $40/month

Sweet deal.  Can I ask, when you applied did you have to specify where you would be using the card?  Can you use it for yourself like at the dentist, your dog and any medical that accepts care credit?

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet deal.  Can I ask, when you applied did you have to specify where you would be using the card?  Can you use it for yourself like at the dentist, your dog and any medical that accepts care credit?

I think if you apply at the point of service, then it's more like an installment loan application that's attached to a specific provider.  Of course, that doesn't mean you can't use the card wherever you choose.  You use that line of credit anywhere it's accepted, which now also includes WalMart pharmacy.

If you do it online, then I believe you CAN specify where you'll get the work done, but you don't have to.  They do ask how much you expect the procedures to cost.

Message 5 of 23
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do it online, then I believe you CAN specify where you'll get the work done, but you don't have to.  They do ask how much you expect the procedures to cost.

That's great news, I app'd for my son for dental, he got the card....now he has cancelled/postponed the appt. and I was thinking that was a waste of a hp and time.  He has a dog so he will be very glad to know he can use it afterall.  Thanks for your time and congrats again.

Message 6 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your increase 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that's a nice increase!! Congrats!!
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the massive increase! You're doing an incredible job on your rebuild so far, keep up the great progress 😊

Message 9 of 23
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That’s quite a bump lol congrats!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.