Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash+ Signature, lol

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Cash+ Signature, lol

I just have to laugh at this.  I applied to US Bank for the Cash+ card and when I did I read all the rules about the account.  I read how they could offer me a Platinum card instead of a Signature card if I did not meet the criteria for a Signature card.  I got the 7-10 day message that I expected.  After I got approved for the Marvel and PenFed on the same 7-10 day message I called both after PenFed said they granted my account.  So then I figured why not call and see if US Bank gave me a card too.  They said they gave me the Cash+ card with a $500 limit.  I figured that it was just a temporary limit.  

LOL, it was really a Signature card and it really did have a $500 limit.  I know that US Bank is conservative and will increase it over time, but really only $500?

I will meet their spend requirement for the initial sign up bonus and use it for the categories I chose; Car Rental and Dept Stores.  I chose these two categories because I will have to rent some cars in the near future and limit my spending on clothes anyway.  I have a Macy's card and they always have coupons, so I can use it there when there is no coupon I can use.  I think when they see car rentals as my real spending category they will understand how useful the card is for that category and raise the limit a bit.  I will not be buying from grocery stores in the near future, so that category is useless and covered for at least 3% anyway.  I can always change it next quarter anyhooo.  

Tanks US BANK, I will love doing business with you, even if the limit makes me chuckle.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cash+ Signature, lol

That's really odd... I thought all Signature cards required a $10K minimum CL?

**Correction - Signature used to require a $5K minimum and Infinity requires $10K minimum CL. Not sure when this all changed?***

Message 2 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep Us Bank hands out the Visa Signature cards with 500 limits now.. It is actually fairly common.. Least you didn't get stuck how it use to be with just the regular cash plus card that was 1%... $500 is a laughable limit, but this is Us Bank usually until you get a relationship with them for awhile then they typically warm up to you..  Best of luck with the card and getting it to grow

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval....even if it's not the CL you were hoping for! 

Message 4 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Chase is also on the $500 CL Siggy cards as well, for the Amazon Visa
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

It has been rather hard for me to get in with them.  When I got my first Elan card I had to show them proof of income.  When I applied in the past for the Cash+ they declined me the first time.  The second time they approved me for the Cash card then cancelled the card because I asked too many questions before I got the card.  Now I just only asked the regular customer service dept. and kept it short and sweet.

I got the card in the mail yesterday and am happy to finally have one.  I knew it was hard to get in with them, but geeze Louise.....  Every other card I applied for during my recent spree went better than this one.  BofA 15K, WF 15K, PenFed 8.5K, Marvel 4K, Ally 3K.  At least I was 6 for 6.

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval....even with that limit. Hopefully it will grow quickly!

Goes to show how World/World Elite and Visa Signature have diminished and no longer have the panache they used to.

Citibank was one of the first banks to offer the higher end cards with lower limits. Chase and BofA were some of the last hold outs but even they do it now. The higher level the card (Silver/Standard/Classic-Gold-Platinum-World-World Elite/Visa Signature-Visa Infinite) the higher the swipe fee for the card issuer. Those swipe fees help pay for the credit card rewards Smiley Wink

Looks like Visa Infinite is in a class by itself for now. MasterCard, or mastercard, needs to create a level above World Elite now Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval....even with that limit. Hopefully it will grow quickly!

Goes to show how World/World Elite and Visa Signature have diminished and no longer have the panache they used to.

Citibank was one of the first banks to offer the higher end cards with lower limits. Chase and BofA were some of the last hold outs but even they do it now. The higher level the card (Silver/Standard/Classic-Gold-Platinum-World-World Elite/Visa Signature-Visa Infinite) the higher the swipe fee for the card issuer. Those swipe fees help pay for the credit card rewards Smiley Wink

Looks like Visa Infinite is in a class by itself for now. MasterCard, or mastercard, needs to create a level above World Elite now Smiley LOL

They are.  They are coming out with the World Domination Card, however it will only be available to world leaders and bank officials.  

They are also coming out with a new lower level called MasterCard Essential Helpful card.  The MEH card will replace both the platinum and regular cards.

Finally, they are setting themselves apart with a new brand for select banks who issue secured cards.  The Secured Card Ready Everyday Wallet Uncompromising card will be issued by First Premier and Credit One.  It has an obligaroty AF of $66, and an FTF of 6%.  They are not sure if they want to use the acronym or the digits to market the card.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiggerDat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They are.  They are coming out with the World Domination Card, however it will only be available to world leaders and bank officials.  

They are also coming out with a new lower level called MasterCard Essential Helpful card.  The MEH card will replace both the platinum and regular cards.

Finally, they are setting themselves apart with a new brand for select banks who issue secured cards.  The Secured Card Ready Everyday Wallet Uncompromising card will be issued by First Premier and Credit One.  It has an obligaroty AF of $66, and an FTF of 6%.  They are not sure if they want to use the acronym or the digits to market the card.

Lol
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just shows you what issuers have to do to "feed the masses" Smiley Wink Look at American Express, they used to be issuing cards to the "Rich and Famous" ... now the masses. Interesting what the drive for the dollar does?!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.