Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cathay Pacific Visa APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cathay Pacific Visa APPROVED

Hey so I applied for a Cathay Pacific Visa.

It says I got Approved but didn't state starting limit or anything. Just to wait 10-15 days in mail.

I called Cathay Pacific and got transferred to Synchrony, the guy says its being reviewed.

Anyone had similar experiences. Anything I should do from this point? just wait? 

Thanks! 

Update: Called in and was asked to verify some personal information and they sent a text to my phone and had to verify code. Some fraud prevention steps.

Also called in later and rep advised me a letter was sent out but she couldn't tell me what the status of my application was? smh...

Mod note:  I've updated your thread subject since your approval is final; feel free to edit if you would like.  --UB

11 REPLIES 11
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cathay Pacific Visa APPROVED . But Under Review?

Sounds like golden1. Approved but review, then deny anytime.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nrmwrote:
Sounds like golden1. Approved but review, then deny anytime.

i dont understand what you mean? sry

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could just be verification. Or they simply need to review your CR further to determine the SL and the APR. Perhaps adding more datapoints will allow some of our experienced forum members to offer some more information about Synchrony. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO!

I called Synchrony Bank, and got a rep who blatantly lied the whole time.

I asked about application status and she said it was denied after reviewing "Experian" for Serious Delinquincy , late payments etc...

Im like are you serious? You guys pulled Transunion on me last night , why are you lying? You guys don't pull Experian lmaooo! 

I did manage to find the right number and it is still under manual review. 

Will keep updated.

Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

FYI Sync does pull experian as well HP or SP for some cards as well depending where you live.   So no, they were not lying to you.  Probably will find a SP on your CR as well from SYNCF on your experian report.

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It seems the days of "hiding" from Sync are over lol. We mostly assume they just go off TU or in the cases where they pull a specific bureau, that very one, but we are recently seeing Sync has been viewing our Experian to see how our credit looks elswhere.

Just look at recent post with closure with Experian being mentioned. With fraud on the rise as well as charge offs, many banks are starting to take the offensive. Rightly or wrongly, if you issues on your reports they may start using that as ammo to close accounts or deny. Util rising? New collection?, They are looking for signs , i guess theyve been there done that so they want to preempt the inevitable?.

Good luck on your appSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Synchrony will pull EX especially for bankcards.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Called in and was asked to verify some personal information and they sent a text to my phone and had to verify code. Some fraud prevention steps.

Also called in later and rep advised me a letter was sent out but she couldn't tell me what the status of my application was? smh...

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! APPROVED!!!!

I called and they matched my phone number with account... so knew i was approved.

$2500 limit, pretty cool! Im happy!

Going to garden for 6 months! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.