Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of being approved? Update: RBFCU Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of being approved? Update: RBFCU Approved

My goal for this year was to get a credit card through my credit union RBFCU. They exclusively check TU for everything, a month ago I had 1 negative which was an old NFCU Credit Card and my score was 621. I managed to get that removed/deleted and my FICO score updated to 730 and I believe I gained a couple months more a week later.

I recently applied for Credit Cards and a new car loan in January and Febuary with my oldest credit being 1 year and 6 months old.

Discover IT Cash Back: January 2019

Captial One QS: February 2019

Car Loan: February 2019

Fingerhut: December 2018

Do I have high approval odds or am I too fresh for new credit?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chances of being approved?

Based on those recent approval activities, it sounds like you might be a bit newish for their taste CC-wise.  Since you're already a member, that might help toward future product prospects once your profile has been more established.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I ended up jumping the gun and was approved for $5K! I don't plan on opening up anything new for awhile.

Message 3 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chances of being approved? Update: RBFCU Approved

A Big

Message 4 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your RBFCU credit card Approval!!! 

Which RBFCU credit card did you apply for?

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

YOU...

Thanks all!

I went for the Cash Back Reward

Message 6 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

YOU...

Thanks all!

I went for the Cash Back Reward

VERY NICE, !!!

That's one of my Goal cards for next year!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great limit enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: I ended up jumping the gun and was approved for $5K! I don't plan on opening up anything new for awhile.

Awesome job! Now that you exhausted your good luck join the garden club and hang out a while Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! 😄

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.