Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase $16,100 "CLI"

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Chase $16,100 "CLI"

So I fear my spree has turned into a bender lol sorry for the length but wanted to put the info down while it was still fresh and hopefully help someone else looking for Chase data points.

For me, I've noticed that Chase HP CLI's aren't very fruitful unless I have a good amount of spend, which I currently do not lol however that hasn't stopped the urge of wanting a CLI. I've seen over the years it's better to apply for a new card, keep it for a bit and then break that limit into the card I originally wanted the CLI on, rather than applying for an outright CLI with Chase. I've done this several times and it does ring true in my case, but a few months back they got a little twitchy and folks started posting that when they were requesting to move limits around they found themselves with CLD's. With all that going on I decided to hold off on participating, and now that it's simmering down I'm jumping back in the pool! 

The cards I want to grow are my Ritz, CSP and Amazon (currently at $20k, $15k & $9.4k) so I applied for the Chase British Airways Visa Signature

*Applied 09/10/17 online - got the "We need a little more time to review your information, we will send by mail in 30 days"

*Immediately called robo-lady to check status and said "you'll hear from us in writing in approximetly 2 weeks" (a good sign and I used 800-436-7927)

Didnt call the analyst, just decided to let this one ride the course, of course still checking my online account once every 2 hours lol Today I logged into my account and Viola!! Starting Limit $16,100 at 16.99% (terrible, but lowest rate for this card, which is a first for me with Chase!) 

Brings up my Chase exposure to $60,500 putting me exactly at a 50% Limit-to-Income ratio ($121k annual). Pretty pleased with this "CLI" lol Smiley Very Happy

HP Experian 755 - single pull

EX Inquiries in 6 months (2)

EX Inquiries in 12 months (10)

EX New accounts in 6 months (0)

EX New accounts in 12 months (5)

No baddies or negatives

currently 2% utilization

Currently 23 cards for $270k (now $286k)

On a serious note -- I really got to stop applying for things LOL *pending Gmood1's Banco do Brasil application LOL 

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 11.13.04 PM.png

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase $16,100 "CLI"

Nice Congrats on your CLI. 

Message 2 of 17
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations Chase is awesome 😀
Message 3 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

They do grow on you lol I was thinking if approved it would be around the $5k mark, maybe $7,500, but this was flattering lol I'm not sure how many plane tickets they think I plan on buying lol 

Message 4 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I read your (this) approval post earlier but wasn't signed in yet, but it was the most enjoyable one i think i've read in a long time. Appreciate you sharing your story.

Congrats! on the Chase CLI.

Message 5 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks CM7! I sometimes think "I think I put too much...people don't want to know all that" lol but I remember when I first started my rebuild and all I wanted was more and more details, so I tend to run a muck from time to time lol
Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Gmood1 gonna be livin La Vida LocaSmiley Happy

Congrats CiCSmiley Happy. You got quite the supplier for your habitSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thanks! As long as Chase is around I don't see a foreseable sober future LOL 

Message 8 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thanks! As long as Chase is around I don't see a foreseable sober future LOL 

Probably a good thing for me that 5/24 popped on the scene when it did or i would be knee deep with them by now Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

LOL soooo true!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.