Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP Approved

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase AARP Approved

ummmm you do know that the AARP card is 0 % for the first 12 months.. ?

Thats the one other nice thing about it, besides the 3%

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 11 of 24
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase approval!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 12 of 24
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I heard they do an AR on your CR either EX or TU maybe even both, when you move limits around anyways Congrats!
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did know about the 0%. If I had a balance on anything I would use it. Lol.

The limits are showing correct as far as creidt limits... but my new card says $8000 limit and $0 avail. I'm wondering if it is because I didn't get and activate my card yet? I wrote them a SM-we shall see. If I don't hear by tomorrow I'll call. (I HATE calling. :/)
Message 14 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Dj.  AARP is on my wish list for the summer time.

Interesting tho. I thought Chase was an EQ puller

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. Might be EQ for you @mean.... everything here in the Midwest is EX. Citi is EX for me too. So is BofA. So is Amex. So is EVERYTHING!!! (Except Disco which is probably one of the reasons why I love them so much) It's annoying considering it is the only not "excellent" (according to myfico) score I have. Luckily they double pull my TU so I'm sure that is what helped me.

AARP is a great card. I was hesitant because it is AAPR and I am 20 years off or something... but I figure who the *bleep* cares. It's a good gas and restaurant card for me.
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey does anyone know if it is possible to get approved but not get the spend bonus? When I get my card will it mention the bonus? I've only had my Amazon Visa and I did get a $70 gift card for that one. No other Chase cards or bonuses tho.

Also... is it fast once you make the spend requirement to get the money?
Message 17 of 24
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Filled out the app last night and got the 30 day message. This morning-early.... like 2:00 am, the new account showed up online. Not close to the AARP age but the card rewards were too good IMO to worry about showing an AARP card. Smiley Happy

DPs for those who want them:

-Pulled TU & EX
-FICO 08: TU is 781 and EX is 685
-Tons of INQs.... and when I say tons I mean-I don't even want to put down the number. Been trying to fix this for months. This was my first app in 4 months.
-Less than 1% Utilization
-Income range $90k-110k
-Second card with Chase-have Amazon Visa too-Might combine and close one but not until after the $100 bonus after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Approved for $4500 which is not my best and not my worst. My other chase card is $4k. Since I may combine and close it is basically a $4500 CLI and a free $100 for 2 credit pulls. Smiley Happy

Anything else-ask.

Congrats on the approval! The AARP card is severely underrated. 3% cards with no AF are few and far between. 

I use use an app called Wallaby that tells me what card is best for spend, and the AARP card is almost always the best choice for everything around me. I'm also nowhere near AARP age, but I'm glad to have the card. 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to try that app but figured it would drain my phone
Fast because it is always using GPS. Have you noticed? Maybe I will try it. You are the first person I heard of mention it.

And yes I agree-Very underrated.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJC.... I was worried too because of everything I heard. That being said it was fixed at 12:01. Must have needed to have the computer update or something. Yay. I'm officially an AARP member. Maybe now I can get on that cellular phone commercial. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.