Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AMZ Prime CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase AMZ Prime CLI

So I've been holding out for months, on asking Chase for a CLI on the AMZ prime card.

I started out with a mear $500 SL. I used the card heavily maxing it out and paying off before the due date.

I think I carried a balance twice only in that time before PIF. 

This morning I decided to pull the trigger on the HP, to my suprise 

I got a 5k bump bringing my total CL to $5500. 

I am a bit confused though, lol i've read from folks on here having higher SL, and only being bumped a 1k or two at a time. Not sure how/what they look at. 

How long should I wait for another CLI, or should I just leave it as is? 

10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase AMZ Prime CLI

Great job. Smiley Happy. Getting cli with Chase is always YMMV. If they gave you $5k now and you still want more id use it like cray cray next 6 months and show them the money. Then put in another request. Just my average 1/2 penny for daySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Great job. Smiley Happy. Getting cli with Chase is always YMMV. If they gave you $5k now and you still want more id use it like cray cray next 6 months and show them the money. Then put in another request. Just my average 1/2 penny for daySmiley Happy

I do want that shot at a higher cli. I think i'm going to push majority of my spend through it. Heres hoping! 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My amazon chase cli was also huge! My slate cli sucked (although I was still thankful). With chase, from what I've seen nice usage and PIF of the card will get you a juicy CLI. I imagine your scores being decent also affect this. 

I PC'ed my slate to a freedom unlimited. Will be using it heavily and see if it gets a similar boost like the Amazon did. I don't mind Chase doing a HP if I know I'm going to get a sexy limit increase.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

What was your original application/approval date?

When was your CLI request date?

Who did they HP?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting CLI with Chase! I know that it sucks using a HP for it but your got $5 000! hopefully you read this today, and if there is another Chase product such as a CSR or CSR or something completely different, I would pull the trigger as they would use the same HP.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Congrats!

What was your original application/approval date?

When was your CLI request date?

Who did they HP?

My original App date was Jun/2017

I made the CLI request today. I'm not sure who they pulled yet, might find out in a day or two.

I made the request over the phone. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great data points, thanks!

I have a $500 toy limit CFU but I'm waiting for 12 months total before HP CLI request.  Good to know that they DO give $5000 CLs, though.  I'd use the card more if I can actually charge stuff to it.

Message 8 of 11
LJ555
Valued Member

So wait... do you get a higher CLI if you authorize a HP?  Is it an option they give you when you call for your CLI (AFAIK Chase doesn't have an online CLI portal)?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

So wait... do you get a higher CLI if you authorize a HP?  Is it an option they give you when you call for your CLI (AFAIK Chase doesn't have an online CLI portal)?

Unless Chase give you an CLI from my understanding it's always going to be a HP when you request a CLI.

My HP just showed up and they pulled "Equifax"

I wasn't able to find an option to request a cli from the account portal, so I had to call them.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.