Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Approval

Needed to purchase some things from Amazon and decided to app for the Chase Amazon Visa.  Figured I'd give it a shot since it's a co-branded card even though I burned Chase in BK13 in 2011 and haven't gotten back in with them yet.

Received instant approval for $5,000 which I was happy with.  Received the card today, open it up and see a credit limit of $25,000.  Smiley Surprised  Never expected that kind of limit though my income is decent.  

Question for those that might know...will this kind of limit hurt me with Chase in the future if I decide to app for one of their products once I'm over the 5x24 hump?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Approval

congrats m8, big sl  on card,looks like chase is giving some money out lately.

any data u can share? fico?inq ,hp.

Message 2 of 19
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

BIG Congratulations!

Question: Does anyone know if the limit of Chase Amazon card is at all influenced by one's spending at Amazon?

In other words, if somone spends $XXX/ month through Amazon, will Chase Amazon take this into account?

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 19
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Congrats! What a limit... I second the request for DP's

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

congrats m8, big sl  on card,looks like chase is giving some money out lately.

any data u can share? fico?inq ,hp.

Yeah imagine my surprise when I opened up the envelope.  

All 3 Fico scores are over 750.  Had 3-5 scoring inquiries before I app'd, 12-15 for each bureau.  Income is over 100k and it looks like they HP'd both Experian and Transunion.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice surprise! Congratulations!
Message 7 of 19
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Needed to purchase some things from Amazon and decided to app for the Chase Amazon Visa.  Figured I'd give it a shot since it's a co-branded card even though I burned Chase in BK13 in 2011 and haven't gotten back in with them yet.

Received instant approval for $5,000 which I was happy with.  Received the card today, open it up and see a credit limit of $25,000.  Smiley Surprised  Never expected that kind of limit though my income is decent.  

Question for those that might know...will this kind of limit hurt me with Chase in the future if I decide to app for one of their products once I'm over the 5x24 hump?

CONGRATULATIONS!!  I also burned Chase in Chapter 13 in 2011.  I did get back in with them last year with the Disney card.  I won't be under 5/24 until Feb. 2019 but I'm hoping for a CSP at that time.  My income is very close to $100,000 and by the time I app, I'll have 4 inquiries on all three bureaus.  Your post gives me hope!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow!! Super SL from Chase OP, congrats on the approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

WOW! Congrats on the approval and SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.